MakerSights (www.makersights.com ( http://www.makersights.com/ )) is a SaaS/Mobile product intelligence platform that is transforming the retail product development process by combining digital engagement and predictive analytics. MakerSights enables brands to make better, data-driven decisions throughout the entire product development lifecycle. Types of insights and decisions MakerSights enables include quantifying consumer sentiment on product designs, optimization of the product portfolio, product demand estimation, pricing strategies and go-to-market decisions (matching products to specific regions and sales channels). Our customers include some of the largest retail brands such as, Levi's, Taylor Stitch, Shinola, Teva, Calvin Klein, Tamara Mellon, Arc'teryx and many more.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Frontend Web Engineer to be part of our agile product development team. We're a close knit engineering team spread across San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., and Boulder, CO. We have a bias towards action and are always looking to learn, grow and improve our code, practices and processes as a team. For example, we hold lunch & learns where we teach each other new ideas approaches and insights. We're also a customer oriented team, and we love seeing our customers succeed and get excited about what we build. Most of all, we're a team that cares about each other and supports each other to grow ourselves, our team and deliver value to our customers.
As a member of our growing engineering team, you will have a direct impact on the success of the company, and get exposure to a wide range of features, products and technologies. You will be responsible for:
- Developing the frontend of our SaaS web/mobile applications.
- Working closely with product management, design and engineering teammates to create great user experiences.
- Helping us write clean, efficient and reusable frontend code.
- Helping us learn and evolve our engineering team together.
Experiences which represent you, today
- You have a good grasp of modern HTML5 & CSS3 and can build responsive modern front-ends without CSS frameworks like Bootstrap.
- You have experience working and collaborating with others on a software project, and using Git & Github.
- You care about writing simple, maintainable code and takes a balanced approach to product engineering, embracing pragmatism over perfection.
- You're unafraid of things you don't know and you take initiative to learn new languages, frameworks and approaches. You actively want to be mentored to upskill and grow.
- You have a bias towards action and like to take initiative in your work.
- You're a good communicator and collaborator. You integrate feedback and work well with a team taking direction and asking for guidance.