The Home Support Supervisor, under the direction of the Director of Clinical Management, is responsible for the delivery of care and service to clients and ensures compliance with internal and external standards of practice. She or he coordinates clinical education and in-service activities as requested. Shares coverage of On-Call Supervisor duties approximately 1 week every 2 months.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess or arrange for the initial and ongoing assessment of clients requiring unlicensed care and service as appropriate.
- Develop and/or ensure that care plans are available for clients as appropriate; visit clients as required and update care plans as appropriate.
- Supervise and support unlicensed employees to ensure compliance with all federal and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures.
- Lead or assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all referred client concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- Assist the Client Service Coordinator in the coordination of services as required.
- Assist to coordinate the in-service education program for Field employees and maintain appropriate records.
- Assist with the implementation of Modified Work Programs for Field employees as required.
- Participate in business development as appropriate; assist with the development of contractual
agreements for client care and service as requested.
- Promote Bayshore Home Health through participation in local healthcare or business committees as well as community events.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
Graduation from an accredited Licensed/Registered Practical Nursing Program; current registration with the provincial regulating body.
At least two years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities, as a Home Support Supervisor, preferably in a community setting; strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of training programs; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and interpret company policies and procedures; experience in business development preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; above average report writing and communication skills with both Field and Administrative employees, excellent computer skills; valid driver’s license and reliable car, evidence of current CPR certification, solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of community nursing and service delivery to clients as well as program development, implementation and evaluation.