Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. From handbags to clothing and décor, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Client & Service Expert:
Partner with Store Manager to develop business driving initiatives that build a repeat business or attract a new customer to the store.
Communicate and achieve store productivity targets including sales per hour, adt, upt, and capture rate.
Ensure all associates complete the sales training program and develops strong product knowledge across all categories.
Model and supervise the selling environment, provide consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
Building Brand Equity:
- Achievement of personal sales goals.
- Educate team on sales plans, personal sales goals, store stats and drives team to achieve them.
- Ensure the highest level of service is provided to all customers through extensive product knowledge and the completion of product profiles.
- Foster a team environment by creating a fun, competitive, inviting atmosphere.
- Understand and communicate the kate spade new york brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the sales team and customer.
- Ensure brand and operating standards are met to support brand consistency.
- Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and maintained.
Education & Experience Required:
- Perform and supervise store opening and closing procedures including counting register funds, completing bank deposits, opening and closing registers and securing facility.
- Accurately processes all POS transactions and inventory functions such as transfers, receiving, fedex shipments, repairs and damages to maintain the integrity of the inventory.
- Adherence to Kate Spade loss prevention policies and operational procedures.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in luxury goods or a comparable retail environment
College degree preferred
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proactive ability to multi task and prioritize
- Available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.