KPU has an exciting new opportunity within the Office of the Provost. We are looking to hire a temporary (one year) full time, Administrative Assistant position located on our Surrey campus.
Provide dual credit liaison services to prospective dual credit students. Utilizing knowledge and expertise about
Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) programs and support services available to students, coach and guide prospects to apply as a dual credit student. Works as an internal support for general and program specific recruitment initiatives. Provides advice and/or information about admissions requirements and procedures, programs, services, careers and more to identified target markets for the purpose of generating prospective student inquiries and applications. Provides follow-up through the application process, specifically through email, and phone calls. Acts as KPU representative at internal as well as external recruitment and orientation events, developing rapport with prospective students from all target markets, parents and key stakeholders by providing prompt and professional service. Actively supports KPU’s marketing and recruitment plan, working with the ultimate goal of increased brand awareness, increased applications, and ultimately increased enrolments.
Candidates with the following qualifications and skill sets are encouraged to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to be flexible in speaking and responding to questions from potential clients. Proven ability to convey appropriate and diplomatic responses to questions under pressure.
- Proven ability to represent a post-secondary institution or organization with tact and diplomacy while interacting with people of various ages, backgrounds, cultures and languages.
- Knowledge about the K-12/high school structures and processes is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work as part of an integrated team and the ability to work independently.
- Proven experience and success working in a busy, high energy environment with multiple priorities competing for service.
- Experience in sales/customer service is an asset.
- Experience as a KPU student is an asset as is the ability to share personal stories and experiences with prospective students and their parents.
- Experience with events including setting up a booth display, working a booth with a goal of customer engagement and branding as well as relationship building at events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to advise, guide and provide information to prospective students.
- Ability to relate well to people from a variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds. Proven ability to function effectively in a cross-cultural setting.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in a demanding, high stress, fast-paced environment over a sustained period of time.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of KPU programs and courses and a demonstrated ability to keep up- to-date with credit and non-credit offerings, university and program admission policies, tuition fees, etc.
- Demonstrated experience as an Academic or Program Advisor is considered an asset.
- Proven ability using a handheld device to capture prospect data via app software.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM) and a Records Management database such as Banner.
- Ability to exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently and establish own priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of training, education and or job requirements for a wide range of academic, trades and technical careers as well as pathway options to reach educational goals.
- Strong understanding of the B.C. and other Canadian education systems: graduation, partnerships, and articulated agreements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends and flexing days and hours of work as needed due to business objectives or the department and the nature of the work.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials in the range of 30 to 50 lbs.
The salary range for this position is $46,646. - $52,124. In addition, KPU offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a defined benefit pension plan, extended health and dental care, MSP coverage, disability and life insurance. For more information on benefits, please visit our website at http://www.kpu.ca/hr/employeeresources/supportstaff.
Ready to Apply?
To indicate your interest in available positions, please click the following email link which will pre-fill information necessary to process your application: email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled.
To help us process your application as quickly as possible, ensure your email subject line is written using the following format: Last Name-First Name, Competition Number XXXX. For example, “Doe-John, Competition Number XXXX
Please submit a separate email and resumé for each competition to which you are applying. Ensure you have clearly marked each email and resumé with your last name, first name, and the appropriate competition number.
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.