We’re a fast, fun, feisty team of motivated chefs, educators and retailers. We value excellence, superior customer service and perfectly seasoned flank steak.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Blue Flame Kitchen, the Coordinator, Sales & Events, is responsible for generating sales leads, business development and logistics for all private events and catering business out of the Blue Flame Kitchen Calgary operation. This role is highly sales focused with an expectation to generate significant leads and business by securing events and catering, and managing them from booking to execution.
Surround yourself with people that push you to do better. No drama or negativity. Just higher goals and higher motivation. Good times and positive energy. Simply bringing out the absolute best in each other and doing the best for our customers.
What You Get to do:
- Generate significant growth and revenue in private event bookings.
- Creating event documentation which fit client and guests’ requirements.
- Maintaining a working relationship with all vendors, related to organization of event execution.
- Planning all event aspects, menu or theme selection, beverage selections, guest list/allergy documents.
- Management of event planning tasks with internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrating to potential client’s strong knowledge of venue and vendor offerings.
- Ability to take clients on tours of venue possibilities.
- Coordinating of event details including assistance with A/V requirements coordination with entertainment, music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of including coordination with internal staff on all logistics/details.
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities.
- Planning multiple events at once.
- Strong market research skills; identifying event opportunities and generating interest.
- Desire for continued improvement, exemplified by conducting pre- and post–event evaluations and reporting on outcomes.
- Generate significant growth and fostering of relationships for catering business, both internally and externally.
- Coordination and liaising of all catering requirements and communication with internal stakeholders.
- Management of catering delivery and deliverables.
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive financial reports.
- P&L statements or overview for all events and catering orders.
- Strong understanding and comprehension of food and beverage costing/profit margins, revenue/expenses, COGS.
- Execute sales plans and targets consistent with and in support of established goals of ATCO.
What you Bring:
- Undergradute degree in Event Management/Planning or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in event planning (hospitality , hotel or restaurant) that required actively seeking business development opportunities.
- Proven successful working experience as an event planner or organizer.
- Creative, impressive portfolio of previously managed events (e.g. product launches, weddings, board meetings, conferences, parties, corporate events).
- Strong understanding of the principles, methods and strategies used for promotion and sales.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a desire to create or develop the business.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision while dealing with multiple project deadlines.
- Proven track record of high performance and career progression.
- Knowledge of a variety of software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) with the ability to obtain advanced skill levels is required.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Accurate with numbers and proficient in spelling and grammar.
- Experience using a POS system is an asset.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements associated with event work and set-up/take-down of event displays (including standing on your feet for an extended period, light lifting, bending, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Outstanding customer services skills
What We Offer:
- Experience working with passionate, energetic and enthusiastic team of highly motivated go-getters.
- Unique experiences. We have a lot going on, and no two days will be the same.
- Relief from downtown traffic.
- The chance to develop your career in an inspiring, innovative and positive environment.
- Busy days in the bright new ATCO Park building with an onsite fitness centre
Keys to Success:
- You sweat the small stuff. In this role, details matter. And there are details flying all over the place at intense speeds. You excel at creating order and providing an organized work environment.
- You’re a people person. You’ll be working with an incredible team, but are also a point of contact for people booking, using and asking about our space and services. A positive outlook and excellent people skills are essential.
- You celebrate a job well done. Your days will be a flurry of activity, but you’ll take pride in finishing your tasks well and on-time.
Who We Are:
ATCOenergy launched in 2016 to bring positive energy to the people of Alberta. We started with electricity and natural gas plans made by Albertans for Albertans, but we’re not stopping there. Heck no! We have the bold enthusiasm and endless vigor of a young, innovative company. But we also have the wisdom of ATCO’s 70 years of experience in power, gas and electricity, plus a whopping 87 years of Blue Flame Kitchen’s household and culinary expertise.
It’s a winning combination. In just three short years, we’ve grown to be the third largest energy retailer in Alberta, and we’re just getting started. Seriously, you’ve caught us at a very exciting time. In no time flat, we’ll be bringing much more than energy to homes and businesses in Alberta.
We’re working to develop our brand and expand to become a full-service retail leader by focusing on providing solutions that integrate convenience, safety, security, comfort and financial flexibility. To make that happen, we’re combining retail energy with ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen, and adding a buffet of exciting new products and services.
If you’ve read this far, we can also tell you that with approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $23 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
THE PART HR AND OUR LEGAL TEAM WRITES:
Quote Opportunity 00122
Please apply on line through ATCO Performance on or before June 14, 2019 for the above position.It is important for applicants to provide a resume detailing the required qualifications stated above and other supporting career information.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal BackCheck.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies. To review our entire Privacy Commitment, please click on the Privacy link at the bottom of this page.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent