Canada West Veterinary Specialists is an exciting multi-disciplinary specialty referral practice with a dedicated 24-hour ERCC service and are the only certified Level II Veterinary Trauma center in Western Canada as designated per the Veterinary Committee on Trauma (VetCOT). We have 7 specialty departments, including Oncology, Neurology, Diagnostic imaging, Surgery, Internal medicine and Anesthesiology with added services of Rehabilitation therapy and an in-house lab.
With a team of just over 160 staff members we are a group of dedicated and diverse individuals passionate about working together to provide the best patient care and client satisfaction.
JOIN US? Although a busy hospital we take pride in our staff and focus on providing a safe and fun place to build a career.
- We grow together with our monthly in-house Continuing Education presentations
- Subsidized extended health benefits
- 3 paid sick days per year
- Uniform allowance
- Wellness Spending account
- We believe in your well-being and provide a company sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP) enabling access to caring professionals that can help access support related to fitness, physical health and mental well-being programs.
- We provide employer paid Pet insurance to our employees.
- We believe in recognizing our staff with an anniversary recognition program.
- We have a profit-sharing program to recognize our staff’s contributions for our success.
- We have fun together with our hospital sponsored social events like; having Food Trucks visit us onsite, Halloween pumpkin carving contests, Annual Christmas Party, Pub Nights, etc.
Schedule A – Job Description
Reports to: Reception Supervisor
Our receptionists are responsible for providing the highest level of service and satisfaction to our referring veterinarians, clients and patients. Client Services is the central contact at the hospital and has a responsibility to ensure we represent the hospital in a professional manner. As the first face of the hospital it is key to meet and greet our clients with a positive outlook, a friendly smile and make them feel comfortable. We show our clients that we are professionals in our skill and effectively, respond to their inquiries, assist in answering questions and run an efficient business unit.
*Please note that clients are currently not entering the building due to COVID-19.*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and offer assistance to clients.
- Answer telephone inquiries and direct calls appropriately.
- Willing to go above and beyond to exceed clients’ expectations.
- Facilitate communication between clients and hospital medical team.
- Enter referrals on our vet software program, Ezyvet.
- Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with co-workers, clients, doctors and back-end staff.
- Cash handling and Receiving payments from clients.
- Complete other administrative / reception duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly respond to and resolve atypical and emergency situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about customer service with a positive attitude.
- Models the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and show ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to reflect compassion and empathy for clients in stressful situations.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Takes initiative and works with little supervision.
- Experience with Veterinary software programs an asset.
- Must be proficient with common computer applications particularly MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous reception experience in a similar setting is preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Veterinary assistants and receptionists is preferred.
- Start times range from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and Reception closes at 8:00 p.m. (Open 7 days a week)
- Rotational shifts comprising of 4*10’s or 5*8’s, depending on business needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Canada West Veterinary Specialists, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place