The National Strategic Growth Team (SGT) is looking for a SmartMarket Associate, to support & assist with the engagement of carrier partners utilizing Gallagher’s proprietary Smart Market platform. The Concierge will be a primary resource in facilitating the collaboration between internal and external resources with respect to submission, quotes and strategic account support.
As a part of Gallagher’s CORE360 approach, SmartMarket is a proprietary Gallagher tool built to enhance our client’s placement experience by engaging insurance marketplace competition on our client’s policies. The SmartMarket Concierge will support insurers’ utilization of the tool, being primarily responsible for gathering and communicating data from the platform to Producers, Client Service Teams and Branch Leadership as well as insurer contacts at different levels of their organization.
Via the SmartMarket tool, insurers also function as Gallagher’s clients. This role has the unique opportunity to influence the success of the platform and the organization’s overall revenue growth. Reporting to the SmartMarket Liaison Manager, the Concierge role will also impact client retention, improving new and renewal business outcomes. This role will also collaborate with other SGT team members on Key Account support. It requires a foundational level of insurance industry knowledge and marketing procedures to discuss commercial lines of business in Gallagher’s pipeline.
- The SmartMarket Concierge will drive client retention and satisfaction by encouraging and supporting engagement with the SmartMarket tool to provide clients with more competitive risk transfer solutions.
- Gather and track information from the platform as input by several insurer contacts.
- Communicate (and follow up on) carrier appetite tags to Gallagher Producers, Account Management and Branch Leadership across Canada based on Smart Market contracts.
- Coordinate meetings between underwriters and producers to discuss opportunities in the pipeline.
- Support platform users to troubleshoot any issues in utilizing the tool.
- Conduct training for Underwriters and other insurer contacts such as new users or users that require a refresher on the platform.
- Actively stay informed on SmartMarket carriers’ strategies and to connect them to the appropriate contacts in our organization, ultimately supporting insurer partners in achieving goals that pertain to our organization.
- Serve as a National resource for the SmartMarket tool.
- Participate in the appropriate product, sales, and procedural trainings to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position. Collaborates with US and/or Global SmartMarket teams as necessary.
- Work with Liaison Manager, VP Strategic Growth and Chief Markets Officer where applicable to support our carrier relationships in addition to the enhancement of our Client Experience documents and all CORE360 tools as necessary.
- Become a secondary point of expertise on Gallagher Drive to provide Producers and Account Teams with analytics that show lines of coverage, limits, etc., and/or what Clients of a similar profile buy to help clients or prospecting with more informed buying decisions.
What Makes You Successful
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enable you to develop deep relationships with clients and build synergy with colleagues quickly. People love working with you, and you with them!
- You are highly solutions oriented, always exceeding expectations through your resourceful and innovative approach to a business’ problems.
- Being in a fast paced, dynamic environment brings out the best in you, always able to prioritize effectively, allowing you to exceed client expectations every time!
- Highly tech-savvy, with an ability to learn new systems, tools and processes. A high level of efficiency.
Education & Experience
- University and/or College degree in a related business function.
- Ideally 2 years of insurance industry experience in any of the following: Broking, Underwriting, Loss Adjusting, Sales or Client Service. A foundational understanding of commercial insurance is preferred.
- RIBO License (or Equivalent) or a willingness to obtain within 12 months of starting the role.
- CRM and/or CIP designation are considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the entire MS Office suite – with specific strength in PowerPoint and Teams (or other similar video conferencing software).
- Bilingual (English & French) is considered an asset
Office & Remote Work Arrangements
This role offers flexibility of a hybrid work environment, and can be based out of any one of Gallagher's Canadian offices. Preference given to candidates in the Waterloo, London or Toronto area.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including; medical, dental, vision plans, life and accident insurance, pension plan, employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance programs, opportunity for flexible work hours, and training programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. As an equal opportunity employer we support and are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the relevant Human Rights, Accessibility and Employment legislation. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.