Are you seeking rewarding work? Do you want to add value to your community? CDRCP is currently seeking a visionary thinker that is positive and self-motivated.
Come join our team of passionate difference makers!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
COMMUNITY INFORMATION RESOURCE SPECIALIST(Developmental Services Support)
Full-time, 35 hours per week September 2019
Reports to: Manager, InfoPeel and Service Pathways
As part of the InfoPeel team, the Specialist will support clients requiring assistance or information related to early years, child care, respite supports with a focus of developmental services support for children and youth with special needs.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact and gain unique work experience by:
- supporting families and youth with special needs in setting and reaching individual goals
- planning, organizing and facilitating workshops and community outreach opportunities for families of children with special needs
- Partner with Community Agencies to facilitate information sessions to families with a focus on developmental services
- providing the community with any information or resources they may require to meet their needs
- creating and implementing new innovative projects that support community partnerships
- working on a variety of databases that promote information and resourcing to families and the community at large
- being exposed to diversity in working across a variety of programs within the InfoPeel department
- participating in ongoing professional development and education through workshops and information sessions
CDRCP offers competitive benefits to qualifying positions, learning opportunities and a chance to work on a team of dedicated professionals.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
The successful candidate will:
- have a minimum of a diploma or degree in Special Education, Developmental Service Worker, Social Services, Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Child and Youth, or related field
- Vast knowledge of the developmental service system and special education supports
- be strongly versed on special needs and early years services within the Peel Region
- be capable of working with a variety of databases i.e. client and information based
- be efficient at utilizing social media tools
- have the ability to facilitate workshops and presentations
- be knowledgeable and experienced working with persons with special needs
- produce a valid Criminal Reference Check
- possess a valid Driver’s License, a safe driving record and access to independent transportation
- be fluent in French or a second language (an asset)
- be professional and positive
- demonstrate strong judgement
- be reliable and flexible
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter using the subject line “CIRS-DS Applicant” by Friday November 29th, 2019. Applicants that are selected to move forward in the application process will be contacted by email.
To learn more about CDRCP please visit www.cdrcp.com.
CDRCP is committed to ensuring that employment decisions are made equitably, and that employment barriers are eliminated in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Employment decisions are made based on experience, skills, attributes and qualifications. Candidates that require accommodation during the application process are encouraged to contact the Hiring Manager at CDRCP.
Job Type: Full-time
- * Vast knowledge of the developmental service system and spe: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)