Under the direction of the Field Supervisor/Coordinator, and clinical direction of the RN Field Supervisor or Clinical Leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
- Registered on the BC Care Aid Registry.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
- Use of personal vehicle.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
THE VILLAGE OF QUEEN CHARLOTTE
The Village of Queen Charlotte is a community full of art and culture. Gift shops and coffee shops scattered throughout the town display the works of various artists ranging from paintings, wood carving, pottery, Haida carving, glass work and handmade clothing. The community offers visitors and residents alike a unique opportunity for outdoor life experiences as well as the comfort and accessibility of a wide choice of restaurants, businesses and accommodations. The village is a friendly community with hospital, school and churches set within the beautiful pristine rain forest of the west coast.