- Registered in good standing with the College of ECE’s
- Holder of a valid Standard First Aid and CPR “C” Certificate.
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check- Vulnerable Sector
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Certified food handler certificate preferred
- Ability to direct, instruct and care for children.
- Ability to handle emergencies, crises, hostile behaviour.
- Ability to interact in ways that demonstrate respect, trust and cooperation.
- Ability to use professional judgement based on the Child Care and Early Years Act, College of Early Childhood Educators and A Child’s World Policies.
- Ability to accommodate competing demands.
- Ability to maintain neat and accurate documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with children, parents, colleagues and community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information related to children, parents, colleagues and community.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job as outlined in the physical demands analysis.
- Ability to work beyond regular scheduled hours.
- Ability to work in conditions involving exposure to: bodily fluids, infectious diseases, frequent high noise levels, occasional inclement weather.
- Participation in professional development and to be an advocate of professional development within the centre and the Organization.
- Knowledge of and the ability to meet the requirements of: The Child Care and Early Years Act, College of Early Childhood Educators, Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, How Does Learning Happen? Quality Child Care Niagara, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Niagara Region Public Health and any other associated regulations.
ACW – Woodlawn
October 2019 – November 2020
7:30 am – 9:00 am & 2:45 pm-6:00 pm
Hours may change according to centre needs
Split Shift Premium is applicable
Qualifies for benefits
How to Apply:
Email / Fax / Call