YMCA of Northern BC
PO Box 1130 - 390 Columbia Street E, Vanderhoof, BC V0J3A0 | (250) 567-3957 | nbc.ymca.ca
Lifeguard, Vanderhoof Aquatic Centre
The YMCA of Northern BC is seeking full time and part time
Lifeguards to join the Vanderhoof Aquatic Centre team.
The YMCA of Northern BC has been a prominent organization within the
Vanderhoof Community for over 6 years, with the opportunity to offer
health, fitness, recreation, licensed childcare, community support services,
summer camps, and now aquatic fun to people of all ages and abilities,
backgrounds and stages of life.
Major Responsibilities and Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of the principles, practice and theory of lifesaving,
lifeguarding and first aid.
- Perform lifeguard functions according to facility, health authority and provincial
- Observe patrons in the pool, enforce safety regulations and maintain order in
- Engage with a diverse client base to provide exceptional service
- Assists in maintaining facility cleanliness.
- Actively contributes to a positive and healthy team environment.
- Willingness to complete additional training as a swim instructor
- Bronze Medallion/Cross or willingness to obtain prior to starting.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR C certification or willingness to complete prior to starting.
- Current National Lifeguard – Pool certification or willingness to complete prior to starting.
- Physical capabilities to perform job duties.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Three satisfactory professional references.
Please apply with cover letter, resume and application (found on our website nbc.ymca.ca)
Submit applications to the attention of Riley Huntley, Aquatic Coordinator, Vanderhoof Aquatic Centre at
The position will remain open until filled.
Vanderhoof Aquatic Centre
Full time & part time
opportunities, 5 days per week,
morning, afternoon and evening
- YMCA Membership
- Benefits after 3 months
Interviews will commence upon