Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Specialist to join our Operations team in London, Ontario, to support the manufacturing of Synaptive’s MRI product. This is a unique opportunity with career growth potential and to join a rapidly growing, high-tech medical device company where your valuable skillsets will contribute to the delivery of critical products impacting lives around the world.
The Warehouse Specialist will be responsible for the inspection, material handling, shipping, receiving, storage, and other warehousing related activities associated with components, subassemblies, and/or finished goods. We are looking for a go-getter who is quality focused with a continuous improvement mindset to deliver efficient and consistent outputs for our Manufacturing team.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for receiving, recording, inspecting, stocking, issuing, shipping, and transporting goods and supplies to/from warehouse
- Moves product around warehouse, operating warehouse equipment safely and efficiently; Equipment that may be utilized include forklifts and pallet jacks
- Packaging of instruments/finished goods/materials
- Assures accurate quantities of product were received by comparing appropriate paperwork, data displayed on manual key-in/hand-held scanner, and matching product numbers; Questions and resolves discrepancies as required
- Identifies product shortages/damages from delivery upon receipt of product
- Ensure inventory is identified with the location information and shelved in the proper location
- Performs periodic cycle counts to ensure accurate inventory and data integrity
- Inspects products and tags all freight by date received for date-sensitive product, item number, expiration date (if any) and description; signs for product received; and completes receiving paperwork
- Reconciles purchase orders with receiving document
- Learns, understands and complies with all company policies; Adheres to all safety & GMP procedures in the performance of job duties
- Maintains warehouse organization and cleanliness, and provides support in the planning & implementation of the warehouse layout
- Ensures material handling in accordance with general warehouse best practices
- Performs other tasks as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Minimum three years of related experience in Shipping/Receiving/Material Handling in a warehouse setting
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Experience with inventory control systems and procedures (ERP experience preferred)
- Experience in data entry
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment;
It’d Be Amazing If You Had
- Certification to operate a lift-truck
- Experience in a regulated industry (ie. medical device) preferred
- Experience & knowledge in Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in conducting material inspections
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Ability to make independent decisions within well-defined guidelines
- Must be a team player, dependable and demonstrate ability to follow directions
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Positive attitude, team building skills, and willingness to learn
- Able to adapt and embrace change in a product development & manufacturing setting
- Ability to identify potential problems and take appropriate action
- Good organizational skills and ability to coordinate workload to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
- Must be able to work with others in different disciplines
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.