CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architect/Construction Administrator based in Toronto, ON. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will perform in a Construction Administration role and will be responsible for administering construction contracts on behalf of CannonDesign, with particular focus on quality control and cost control from project start-up to closeout on large-scale Healthcare projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Be the prime liaison between construction managers/general contractors, client/owner and AE teams Attend site meetings include scheduling, cost management, pre-installation and bi-weekly meetings.
- Review and interpret construction documents and develop and issue sketches related to field conditions and issues, coordinate the work with consultants and the project team.
- Process, review and answer Request for Information and submittals.
- Resolve problems which arise on the jobsite, coordinate bulletins to the contract documents, make recommendations, and consult client/owner on all issues related to the project.
- Monitor, review and process closeout submittals and perform periodic QA/QC construction site visits, including substantial presence at the construction site.
- Review payment applications and cost proposals.
- Prepare daily and other reports.
- Manage internal construction administration efforts and team.
- Adhere to established on-site project procedures, safety program requirements and work rules.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor in Architecture. Masters in Architecture is preferred.
- Architectural Registration and LEED accreditation is preferred.
- A minimum of 15+ years of related experience required.
- Design Build and/or P3 project delivery experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Must have strong client communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of Procore, Revit and Document Control Software is preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That's why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women's Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice's evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce and is committed to Employment Equity and the Federal Contractors Program. We encourage applications from qualified aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women. CannonDesign is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in all aspects of the hiring process. If contacted, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.