The IT recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a senior level Web Designer who would be interested in a contract role currently being offered in the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, architecture and development of the client side next-generation service that we want to bring to market.
Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a desktop web app, with a focus on performance, scalability and usability.
Your main duties will include creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app.
The artistic design will be delivered to you, but we will ask for your help in regards to animations, CSS, and final HTML output.
You will work in a team with the back-end developer and communicate with the API using standard methods. A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure is required.
Responsibilities would involve:
- Delivering a complete front-end application.
- Ensuring high performance on desktop.
- Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer and yourself.
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API.
- Communicating with external web services.
The requirements/skills we are looking for in our candidates are:
- 8-10+ years of professional experience in web design and software development.
- “Make it happen” attitude, inventive, resourceful and flexible in a fast-paced, challenging and ever-changing environment.
- Professional, precise communication skills.
- Knowledge of React+Redux (and/or Angular2+) best practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience.
- Data visualization libraries (e.g., Highcharts, D3 or similar).
- Experience with internationalization and dynamic multi-language support.
- Integration with RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system.
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback.
- Writing asynchronous code using Promises (and/or RxJS).
- Creating custom, general use modules and components which extend the elements and modules of core React (and/or Angular2+).
- Experience with debugging web apps in multiple browsers, identifying front-end versus back-end issues.
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets.
- Experience with architecting and automating the build process for production using Webpack.
- Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks.
- Mocking up ideas and presenting them for discussion.
- Knowledge of and passion for front-end development particularly network graphs, interactive user interfaces and dashboards.
- Familiarity with Git and JIRA.
Candidates who are looking to apply are to send us an updated model of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will formally follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment at the conclusion of the review process.
Job Type: Contract
- web design and/or software development: 8 years (Required)