CWD is a place for people that love to learn and grow. Our culture is challenging and collaborative. We give a deep sense of purpose to create amazing solutions that are truly different and empower our customers. Our goal is always to build strong, diverse teams of innovative people and give them the tools to succeed.
Join us and do more than you ever thought possible and learn from some of the best minds in the industry.
If you’re ready for the opportunity, introduce yourself.
Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager with rich accounting work experience. The role requires a seasoned CPA professional with strong accounting knowledge and great leadership skills to lead the talented accounting team.
As a full-time member of the team you will enjoy perks such as competitive health benefits, enhanced professional development subsidies, exciting company events, working within a goal driven, charismatic team and career growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Financial Overview- 60%
- FINANCIAL PREPARATION: Maintain overall responsibility for the planning, direction and execution of all accounting operational functions by preparing accurate monthly financial statements and supporting working papers for the company and related holding companies.
- FORECASTING: Provide hands-on expertise and prepare regular cash flow forecast, budgets, forecast, and margin analysis. Annual forecast for up to 3 years due 120 days following month end.
- BUDGETS: Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget
- VARIANCE ANALYSIS: Analyse and report on the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and budget variances.
- COMPLIANCE: Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and government accounting policies and procedures.
- COMPLIANCE TAX: Develop, monitor and oversee regulatory compliance reporting including GST/HST, corporate taxes, recycling fees etc.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Develop, maintain a strong relationship and be the main point of contact with external parties including accountants, bankers and insurance company.
- CONTRACT REVIEW: Provide support in the form as contract reviews and negotiations across the entire organization.
- MANAGER: Responsible for the direct management of the Junior Accountant & Accounting Coordinator
- PERFORMANCE REVIEWS: Develop individual performance improvement plans, conduct reviews in monthly one to one feedback and annual review sessions to ensure alignment with corporate vision, mission, and objectives
- CROSS TRAINING: Ensure cross training is in place for all roles and responsibilities
- RECRUITMENT: Participate in the recruitment of high-performance staff to the department
- Assertive yet friendly enough to constructively share thoughts, issues and solution options with the Managing Director regarding the business, team member issues and demonstrate objectivity.
- Enjoys the challenge in problem solving and continuous looking for areas to improve efficiencies and grow the business.
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting team members and encouraging others to give their best performance. To help drive a culture of challenging the status quo.
- Keen ability to identify opportunities to streamline and document processes, creating efficiencies and cutting unnecessary costs.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office software (Excel in particular – Vlookups, Index/Match, Pivot tables, If Statements) and is able to learn how to use systems quickly and effectively.
- Well developed financial and business analysis skills and up-to-date financial accounting knowledge - ASPE.
- Maintain a high level of trust and safeguarding of confidential information.
- Strong sense of project management, organization and risk mitigation.
The successful candidate requires:
Education and Experience
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA designation is a must
- 5 years of minimum management experience & also leading a team
- Strong/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Strong, organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
Apply to this posting at www.cwdlimited.com/newcareers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Analysis-Reporting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Advanced Excel: 5 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- CPA Certification (Preferred)