The Oak Bay Beach Hotel, recently named the #8 hotel in Canada by Condé Nast, is known as both a luxury destination in Victoria and an amazing place to work! In addition to a rewarding career, our team members receive countless perks such as complimentary parking, health benefits, a daily staff meal plan, birthday and Christmas bonuses, staff parties, awards, and more. If you are interested in joining our team then we have a fantastic opportunity for you.
The Spa Coordinator provides support to the Spa Estheticians, Practitioners, Massage Therapists and Spa Manager in daily requirements and project work, maximizing revenue opportunity providing seamless execution of the guest experience.
- Book guest appointments via telephone, email or fax
- Assist with cleaning duties including laundry and in locker rooms
- Communicating with guests prior to their stay to enhance the guest experience.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner during all interactions.
- Up-sell services where possible to maximize revenues and utilize yield management strategies.
- Process cancellations, revisions and information updates or changes.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Conduct spa orientations including an introduction to the fitness center, facilities, services, programs.
- Demonstrate sincere guest focus and true appreciation for the guest experience.
- Experience in Hotel Spas preferred.
- Strong retail skills and ability to educate guests on all home care. Experience in sales an asset.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to our guest clearly and knowledgably.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team, and communication skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, including overtime as required.
- All other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Duties include occasional bending, pulling, carrying and heavy pushing (up to 50lbs.).
- Will require sitting for long periods of time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $18.50 /hour
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)