Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
This role is critical for driving the evolution of Category Management as part of Ferrero Canada Sales. The person in this role will provide the expertise for category, improve process frameworks, category fact-based insights and metrics for communicating all strategic and tactical recommendations to our retailers. The goal of this role is to nurture healthier brand and supplier performance and better customer relationships as trusted advisors.
This role is located in our North York office at 100 Sheppard Ave. East, Suite 900, North York, ON, M2N 6N5.
- Lead the development of Category Management capabilities within Ferrero Canada, including process, resources and structure recommendations (data, systems, people, etc.)
- Develop and leverage an expert’s perspective on categories and leading brands.
- Monitor business performance ongoing and identify opportunities for growth.
- Support ongoing reporting processes such as Scorecards and contribute to senior-level briefings on market dynamics.
- Integrate Category management Review into Account Planning Process, including sell-in/sell-out data insights.
- Lead the development of assortment and planogram recommendations for checkout and shelf.
- Lead the analysis of the Category and recommend strategies to grow Category, Customer and Ferrero sales and profit – e.g. aisle, distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing to improve category performance.
- Lead the development of assortment and planogram recommendations for current and future category portfolios.
- Integrate Category management Review into Account Planning Process.
- Partner with cross-functional teams e.g. Consumer/Shopper Understanding and Customer Marketing to analyze Customer and Market data, derive insights and develop recommendations to improve Sales and Profit for the Category, the Customer and Ferrero, focusing on DADI (Distribution, Availability, Display and Impact)
- Launch KPIs, insights and valuable selling stories.
- Work with CBM team and Key Customers presenting at key category reviews, important launch projects, and seasonal insight/post mortem meetings – build towards category expert/captain type relationships earning trust with customers to reach out for insights and corroborating facts/measures.
Category Management Function Development
- Train cross functional teams on Category Management concepts and fundamentals to increase functional knowledge and familiarity.
- Assist in heightening the category management acumen and knowledge among the sales team, utilizing various resources (lunch and learns, training sessions, recourses such as Kantar retail etc.
- Manage and develop Associate Category Manager direct report.
Who we are looking for:
- Contribute to the development and execution of an e-commerce channel strategy for Canada as part of a broader North America strategy.
- Minimum 7 Years of relevant experience gained through work in FMCG environments.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Category Management with Extensive knowledge of customer strategies as they pertain to Category Management principles and process, e.g. Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, Pricing and Promotion.
- Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen Mktrack, Homescan Panel Data).
- Strong knowledge of Space Planning software.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel.
- Skill in developing and delivering a strategic plan.
- Strong knowledge of global best practices in Category Management.
- Ability to set objectives and achieve goals.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Ability to demonstrate original and strategic thought.
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to create new solutions to business challenges.
- Ability to translate category and shopper insights into programs to build volume and profit.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.