The Best Western Plus Sawridge Suites is currently accepting applications for a Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting to the General Manager, the HR Coordinator is the caretaker and champion of the company's greatest asset?its people. They will be responsible for making the Hotel famous for teams of people who bring great energy, skill, and results to their work. They will shape a culture of liveliness that drives business objectives forward while staying true to the company's corporate culture, standards, aspirations, and commitments. They will participate as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee and will be responsible for coaching, consulting and directing the Hotel's Management and associates on all Human Resource issues.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Health & Safety
- Provide assistance with the management of health & safety committee.
- WCB, STD and LTD?s claims management.
- Ensure employee, guest and building safety is of a priority at all times through effective follow up with senior management and peers with regards to all safety issues. Ensure proper documentation is made with regards to workplace safety and accidents.
- Workforce planning
- Lead the recruitment process assisting all Managers on the posting, prescreening and interviewing process for all candidates.
- Managing and improving the recruitment & selection process and activities at all levels
- Developing creative and innovative methods of increasing profile as an employer, particularly on a local level.
- To develop strong links with local/national agencies and Colleges etc and strengthen overall brand identity as an employer.
- To Administer and manage all the TFW & AINP processes.
- Work with department?s managers to achieve professional hiring and probation reviews in accordance with company policies, and providing equal employment opportunities as required by Human Rights Legislation.
Employee Onboarding Process
- Ensure all payroll related information forms are filled out and signed by the employee.
- Ensure full orientations are given to all new hires in line with company policy.
- To ensure that all employees are enrolled in the Group Benefits and that they are aware of the options available under the Group Insurance Program liaising with the Benefits department as required.
- Ensure all employees are aware of the RSP plan that is available to them after one year of service with the company.
- Coordinate the training process with the Department Managers to ensure new employees are fully trained on time.
- Coach Managers in management skills
- Assisting with the design & delivery of management development programs and succession planning
- Ensure systematic probation reviews ( 3 months or 6 months ) and yearly appraisals are being done on a regular bases in all departments. The original copy of all probation review and appraisals are to be placed in the employees file.
- Assist with the design and delivery of company?s core training.
- Continual improvement and development of HR initiatives
- Development and proper administration of employee?s EVP at property level
- To assist and encourage employees to participate in the annual Employee Satisfaction Survey, EOCH survey
- Assist on the execution of our company?s Long Service Awards program
- To coordinate regular social activities and introduce employee related initiative
- Supporting employee?s benefits enrollment and administration including:
Pension / Life assurance
- Administering the group performance appraisal program.
- To assist in identifying and overcoming areas of concern with employees to maximize employee morale and motivation.
- Management of performance through disciplinary procedure.
- Hands on management of disciplinary activities.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of employment legislation in all key areas.
- To provide advice and support to the business, management and employees in the field of employment law with advice from the Head of HR
- To ensure legal compliance in all matters in particular the management of disciplinary procedures and dismissals
- To contribute to the annual budgeting process with particular emphasis on workforce planning, labour requirements, developmental requirements, uniform, staff accommodation etc.
- In conjunction with the GM to contribute to the effective management of labour through regular forecasting, coaching departmental managers and challenging rates/increases of pay/allocation of resources and benchmarking .
- Assist with wage review on an annual base.
- To lead the management team in line with best practice HR solutions.
- To provide full operational support to all aspects of the HR function.
Designed to increase employee job satisfaction and reduce labor turnover.
- Maintain a high profile in the property by visiting departments and work with the general manager to maintain effective general staff meetings and channels of communication as required by property policy.