Job title :
MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE USE NURSE
VERNON URGENT PRIM CARE
Is Mental Health Nursing your passion? A casual Mental Health & Substance Use Nurse opportunity is available in Vernon. Apply now to join our Mental Health & Substance Use team!
The Registered Nurse functions as a member of the larger Hospitals & Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) and as a member of a designated multi-disciplinary team whose purpose is to ensure that persons with serious severe and persistent mental health problems, and/or problematic substance use and/or development disability issues who may or may not be in crisis have access to timely, responsive, evidence based treatment and clinical supports across the continuum of available services.
The Registered Nurse provides assessment, treatment, case management, community support, and as required, urgent response to clients who may also have serious functional impairment in the domains of physical health and personal, family, financial, occupational, and social life. The Registered Nurse functions as a primary clinician utilizing a variety of specialized treatment modalities/therapies for individuals, groups of clients and/or their families.
Casual shifts are scheduled on an as-needed basis from 09:00 to 21:00.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing.
- Two years’ recent related MHSU experience in the assigned clinical area(s) (such as Adult Short Term Assessment and Treatment (ASTAT), Adult Community Support Services (ACSS), Urgent Response, Elderly Services, Alcohol & Drug, Developmental Disability Mental Health Services (DDMHS), etc.) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
- Current valid B.C. driver’s license.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.