Under the supervision of the Recreation Programmer – Fitness, the Fitness Attendant is responsible for the provision of on-site supervision of the Fitness Centre and various customer service functions while ensuring a safe environment for all users of the Fitness Centre.
1. Post-secondary courses in Recreation, Business Administration, Office Administration, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Fitness certifications would be an asset.
2. Active in the field of fitness and knowledgeable in all aspects of equipment, wellness, basic training principles, fitness theory ad components of a work-out from proper stretching, warm-up, cardiovascular training, strength and resistance training and cool down.
3. Strong leadership and customer service skills with the ability to interact with a diverse population of patrons, general public and staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
4. Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and independently with minimal supervision. Excellent ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively, tactfully and courteously with all levels of staff, the general public and program participants.
5. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple conflicting demands in a professional manner.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook) and demonstrated comfort level with the internet. Knowledge of Point of Sales (POS) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions, and the CLASS systems, would be an asset. A proven aptitude for learning software applications is required.
7. Available to work flexible hours (e.g. day, evening, weekend).
8. Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C certification required.
9. Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.