PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY BEFORE APPLYING
The duties of Housekeeping Attendant are, but not limited to the following
- Assist in Laundry operations
- Stock, organize and maintain the room attendant cart and linen rooms consistently. Acquire cleaning supplies from the housekeeping department.
- Clean and maintain all guest rooms of the hotel using the ABCs of housekeeping standards and techniques.
Cleaning and sanitizing washrooms, vacuuming carpets, removing refuse, replenishing amenities and other supplies, empty irons and return to holder if required, dusting all surfaces, changing bed linen, rotating mattresses according to schedule, performing operational checks on all electrical appliances.
- Conduct inventory of towels and other supplies, and room defects and report any shortages or problems immediately to the housekeeper in order that the guest is appropriately charged.
- Handle all lost and found items in accordance with hotel policy.
- Report status of room to team leader.
- Maintain all equipment in a safe an operational manner. Report all defects in equipment to the housekeeper and take defective equipment to maintenance if appropriate.
- Participate in monthly housekeeping inventory procedure.
- Inspect the guest rooms of the hotel for maintenance defects and report problems to the Executive Housekeeper or his or her delegate to ensure that repairs are made promptly.
- Collect and handle the guest maintenance request cards in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Collect and handle guest comment cards in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Inspect all other areas of the hotel for cleaning defects and clean and/or report the problem to the executive housekeeper.
- Receive and promptly handle guest requests such as requests for additional towels, a refrigerator, etc…
- Receive and communicate guest complaints and concerns to the Executive housekeeper or his or her delegate or to the appropriate functional department to ensure that the issue can be dealt with promptly.
- Clean and Service guest rooms when requested in accordance with the collective agreement.
- Work cooperatively with the remaining housekeeping staff and managers, and staff and managers from the other departments, including maintenance, front office, administration etc.
*Must be flexible with shift availability (Afternoon, weekends and holidays)
Physical Demands: Excessive standing, walking, bending, lifting
Job Type: Part-time
- Richmond Hill, ON (Preferred)