We are currently looking for a new team member that is highly motivated, reliable with exceptional communication skills to join our DISPATCH team. This is a full time permanent position
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Schedule and dispatch drivers for pickups and delivers through our software program, phone or email.
* Assist with incoming calls as necessary.
* Communicate effectively with customers, team members and management.
* Assist driver's with routing directions, route changes, traffic problems and all other inquiries.
* Maintain coverage for driver's time off and holidays.
* Maintain high compliance to dispatch standards and operating procedures.
* Ensure proper equipment is sent to the customers request.
* Rates shipments on line from the applicable rate sheet.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
*Minimum 1 – 2 years dispatch experience in the trucking/courier industry.
*Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
*Multilingual an asset.
*Strong knowledge of the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley.
*Ability to manage high stress situations calmly and effectively.
*Excellent customer service abilities with a desire to provide exceptional service to our customers.
*Dedicated to continuous improvement and ability to identify opportunities to increase productivity and efficiencies.
*Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
*Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word).
*Positive attitude and works well with co-workers.
*Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package based on prior experience and willingness to take on new challenges.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible language requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC V1M4B9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- dispatching: 1 year (required)
Expected start date: 2022-07-18