Are you a Site Foreman/Master Plumber or experienced Lead Hand with 10 or more years of supervisory experience? We are currently seeking a full-time Commercial (ICI) Plumbing Supervisor for our residential mid-rise and other commercial projects in the Guelph and surrounding area.
Hy-Mark provides complete mechanical services, specializing in multi-dwelling residential: condos, apartments, hotels and light institutional/commercial.
We offer competitive wages, benefits, including medical dental and group retirement plan. Join a growing organization for long term, full-time employment.
- Follow and consistently demonstrate our Core Values and Leadership Drivers
- Work under the leadership of the Project Manager
- Leads his/her site(s); Assigns tasks, responsible for monitoring/forecasting the progress of a project: planning, organizing materials and labour at site level
- Uphold your responsibilities of the position according to the Ontario Health and Safety Act and the Hy-Mark Mechanical Health and Safety Policy
- Responsible for all site administrative documentation; time tracking of the crew, safety, tool/asset documentation, etc.
- Communicates closely with the Project Manager to ensure all schedules and budgets are met
- Issue reports and progress updates
- Implements in-house quality, safety and internal policy & procedures, standards and/or specifications
- Ensure workers are qualified and knowledgeable about their roles and make assignments according to skill sets
- Involved and supportive of any day to day disciplinary decisions
- Mentor/train team members
- Perform other duties as required
- 306A Plumber Certification
- Master Plumber an asset
- 10 or more years of supervisory experience
- High work ethic and dedication to the company and the client
- Strong commitment to Health & Safety
- Mechanical aptitude and strong plumbing code knowledge
- Read and interpret blueprints, ability to visualize a finished product from a document
- Leadership and strong communication skills
- Problem-solving, conflict-resolution, critical thinking skills and detail oriented
- Strong/efficient organizational skills, delegation of labour hours
- Technologically literate
- Moderately proficient with Microsoft Office would be an asset
- A valid class G driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
Hy-Mark specializes in custom sheet metal fabrication, air handling systems and plumbing. Our team of experts take great pride in their work and are continuously building a reputation for quality workmanship and superior service. Hy-Mark is an industry leader in residential and commercial HVAC and plumbing. We are a growing, family-owned company and a division of Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies, recently certified as a Great Place to Work® Canada and named as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers 2019.
For more information on our company, please visit www.hy-mark.ca or call us directly at 519-658-6656.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent