SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 74 (GOLD TRAIL)
AFTER SCHOOL SUPERVISOR
Date Position to be Filled:
September 8, 2020
Rate of Pay / Hour ASS - $ 24.11 (To be added to another position)
04 August 2020
Posting No. 12.DSCS / ASSU
Desert Sands Community School
Hours of Work 3 hrs/day (15 hours/week)
Desert Sands Community School enrolls approximately 290 students in grades Kindergarten through 12, and approximately 40% of students declare Indigenous ancestry. Desert Sands Community School is working to support the creation of high quality, beautiful work that they are proud of. Our collective goal is to scaffold the use of quality and meaningful feedback, critique, and revision.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Early Learning Program Manager, the After School Supervisor will be required to supervise and facilitate after school programs for children after school, inside buildings and on playgrounds.
The successful applicant is expected to:
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
- Interact positively with children, encouraging play and peer interaction
- Ensure a safe, caring environment for children
- Support the development of each child as a capable, unique individual
- Collaborate with the program manager to implement program activities
- Provide overall supervision of children
- Help children resolve conflicts, as needed
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Working knowledge of leading positive interventions with children.
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the position
- Personality and health appropriate to the position
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please submit in writing, with details of previous related experience, qualifications and abilities, not later than 4:00 p.m. 17 August 2020
LYNDA MINNABARRIET, Secretary-Treasurer
School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
PO Box 250, Ashcroft, B.C. V0K 1A0
The Gold Trail School District has received approval from the Human Rights Tribunal allowing preferential hiring to persons of Indigenous ancestry. The District may give preference in hiring to persons of Indigenous ancestry who possess the necessary qualifications over other applicants until such time as the percentage of staff of Indigenous ancestry in the School District is equal to the percentage of students of Indigenous ancestry in the School District.