Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serve in our communities and country.
Commissionaires provides security services for over 200 sites and are located in over 110 communities across the province. Our client base runs from the Federal Government to local municipalities, airports, industrial sectors, and commercial/residential buildings.
Our guards are not only behind the scenes providing security and access control, but front and centre providing valued customer service to the public.
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time cell guard to work in New Westminster.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity for growth
- Work for a reputable and nationally known company
- A challenging yet rewarding work environment
- A stepping stone towards a career in law enforcement
- Paid on-site training
You’re a good fit if…
Some of your responsibilities include:
- You hold a positive and can do attitude
- You are reliable and committed
- You can think on your feet and problem solve
- You can work alone or as part of a team
- Monitoring the safety and custody of detention prisoners;
- Up-to-date knowledge of prisoner records and conditions of care;
- Performing regular checks-ins with prisoners to verify well-being;
- Maintaining security and cleanliness of cells, including damage and contraband inspections;
- Prepare and serve meals for prisoners, including retrieval of utensils;
- Handling the collection and sending out of laundry;
- Investigating and reporting any unusual behavior promptly and accurately;
- Assisting law enforcement with forms and prisoner records;
- First responder in building emergencies such as evacuations and medical emergencies;
- Reporting to the Site Supervisor and Operations management for further duties as necessary.
- Valid BC Security Licence and Occupational First Aid Level 1 (or willing to obtain);
- Ability to clear a Criminal Background Check;
- Demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public;
- Professional standard of conduct, dress and deportment;
- Positive and professional attitude, with strong customer service skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and equipment such as faxes and photocopiers;
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner;
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions under pressure;
- Physically fit and confident, including the ability to lift up to 35 lbs;
- Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills.
- Advanced Security Training
- RCMP or Policing experience
- Experience working in a similar role