Crohn’s and Colitis Canada (“CCC”) is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing over $127 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Our Crohn’s & Colitis – Make it stop. For life. Campaign has already achieved $84 million (or 84%) of its goal, and funds raised are already advancing our mission.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
Reporting to the Vice President, Research and Patient Programs, the Program Manager, Innovative Health Initiatives will be the primary person responsible for the effective planning, execution, management and evaluation of strategic digital programs designed to improve the quality of life of people living with IBD.
The immediate responsibilities will be CCC’s GoHere, MYGut and IBD-EMR program development and implementation. It is expected that the incumbent will dedicate their time equally across programs.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field;
- 3-5 years of project or program management experience, with strengths in developing strategic plans as well as implementation and evaluation models;
- Superior interpersonal, facilitation and communications skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders such as patients, volunteers and leaders in the IBD community;
- Strong understanding of health technology apps, user experience design and software development lifecycles;
- Experience in privacy, personal health data security, and provincial and federal privacy regulations;
- Strong writing skills and developing proposals and business plans;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to organize workload, set priorities and respond effectively to competing demands;
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office and MS Outlook;
- The ability to work both independently and within a diverse team;
- Self motivated, including the capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines; and
- Experience working with a project management tool such as SmartSheet; and
- Successful completion of a police reference check.
- Experience with developing and/or using digital health technology;
- Proficiency in media, marketing and communications; and
- French communication skills.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Based out of our national office located near Yonge & St.Clair;
- Flexible work hours and work from home policies available;
- Health and Dental employee benefits package available; and
- Employer matching RRSP program available.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to ensure successful development, management, growth and sustainability (including financial) of key patient programs;
- Collaborate with cross functional teams across the organization and externally to implement strategic health initiatives for the IBD community;
- Communicate and promote programs through various channels to increase public awareness and the value proposition to targeted audiences;
- Support marketing and communications efforts to enlist the participation of local businesses and government offices for GoHere (ex. Media campaigns, business/government community outreach) and to engage patients and providers and drive adoption across MyGut and IBD-EMR;
- In conjunction with the development team, support the growth and capacity development of the program by soliciting corporate sponsorships, community partnerships and other funding initiatives;
- With the support of the Volunteer Engagement team, recruit, train and engage with volunteers and provide ongoing support to build and maintain volunteer commitment, retention and deployment for GoHere and MyGut;
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities in the healthcare technology and IBD space, and support build out and implementation;
- Develop use cases, proposals, opportunity assessments, delivery models and other related business planning materials;
- Foster positive and respectful communications with business owners, public officials, healthcare providers and volunteers to help advance and meet program objectives;
- Coordinate, monitor progress and evaluate effectiveness of the program’s activities and provide timely feedback and identify areas of improvement;
- Become the subject matter expert in digital innovation and healthcare, as well as industry developments and regulatory requirements; and
- Perform others duties as may be assigned by the VP, Research and Patient Programs.
We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent