Celebrating 60 years of Business! We Bring Food to Your Family’s Table!
We are now hiring a Driver Coordinator for our K-DAC Location.
Shift Details: Days, Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Act as liaison between driver, operations, shop, driver services etc.
- Greet and direct drivers at the driver window
- Provide accurate directions for pickup and delivery services
- Prepare and print driver route information
- Collaborate with planners and coordinate scheduled assignments of drivers and equipment
- Support equipment and preventative maintenance scheduling and coordinate repairs as required
- Liaise with other operating locations to maximize equipment efficiency and utilization
- Respond to service issues from internal and external customers
- Track shipments from point up pick up to delivery and maintain accurate and time-sensitive information
- Negotiate with drivers on delivering planned loads
- Prepare various daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Assist in preparing necessary paperwork relating to shipping schedules, customs, fuelling, loading and provide to the appropriate stakeholders
- Maintaining and building a positive rapport with all drivers and other departments
- Back up for department staff, when required
- All other duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of previous Dispatcher experience within the transportation industry required
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and various equipment types required
- Ability to identify and constructively make recommendations regarding operational improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Previous experience with routing software considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills and ability solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Knowledge of Highway Traffic Act, hours of service logs, load security and Regulations required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Flexible to cover other shifts as required
Veterans are encouraged to apply
K-DAC is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Named by Truckload Carriers Association as Best Fleet To Drive For (2018) and Top Fleet Employers through Trucking HR Canada (2017 & 2018), Erb has evolved from a dream into a mission of Service, Satisfaction and Success. Currently celebrating our 60th year of business, we have grown significantly since our induction in 1959 and have become one of Canada’s largest family-owned refrigerated trucking companies. Although we have over 1400 employees, we have not forgotten where we started or that our greatest asset is our people. Erb has been built by long-term employees who are promoted from within, and who are recognized for their talent, dedication and hard work.
Job Type: Full-time