TORLYS, founded in 1988, is a flooring company specializing in beautiful, easy to maintain, smart and green flooring. TORLYS Cork floors, Hardwood floors, Laminate floors and Leather floors are available through a worldwide network of specialized dealers.
We are currently recruiting for a Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator. This is a full time position, day shift Monday to Friday.
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this role performs Warehouse related activities such as:
- Receiving, Picking, Packing, Dispatching and Shipping
- Follows established procedures and completes/distributes appropriate documentation to key stakeholders
- Utilize the material handling equipment (fork lift, hand truck, other heavy equipment) in safe and efficient manner
- Loads, unloads, or moves items according to delivery or routing documents, or as required by the Warehouse Supervisor or designate.
Core Skills/Competencies and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators):
- Operating Equipment
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Communicate (written & verbal)
- Proactive in their approach
- Problem Solving
- Accountability / Dependability
- Customer Focus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports in updating and maintaining appointment scheduling electronically within established guidelines including communication with vendors, carriers and TORLYS personnel regarding delivery expectations and deadlines in order to avoid demurrage charges.
- Receives merchandise at the receiving dock and, as necessary, assists in unloading transport vehicles. Verifies the address and general condition of the merchandise. Signs delivery slips.
- Performs inspection pertaining to the disposition of inbound materials with regards to the verification of the product identification, quantity and condition of goods received.
- Completes forms, maintains records and the inventory of material
- Responsible for the disposition of inbound RTVs including the maintaining of log entries and paperwork distribution in a timely manner.
- Performs tasks involving inspection, product sortation, and disposition of damaged goods ensuring proper inventory management procedures are followed.
- Creates space and identifies storage solutions for all inbound loads & completes forms, maintains records and the inventory of material.
- Picks, Packages and stages daily orders according to end destinations. Performs accuracy checks on other Associates’ orders.
- Interact with transport drivers, customers, sales representatives, and internal staff on a daily basis.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following established safety standards and procedures and complying with legislative regulations and requirements.
- Will be required from time to time to work additional hours to complete days order allocation.
- Uses computer to perform proper receiving & shipping functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, including attending staff meetings.
Health & Safety
- Abide by company rules/policies associated with Health & Safety for their own and other’s protection.
- Wear required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Notify the JHSC of any potential hazards.
- Report all incidents/accidents to their Supervisor/Manager or a JHSC Member immediately when it occurs.
- Must have current Fork Lift Truck Certification (Counterbalance & Reach).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role performing shipping, receiving, stocking and general warehousing.
- High School Diploma required.
- Computer skills, with proficiency in and experience in Navision and shipping systems will be preferred.
- Skilled in the safe operation of materials handling equipment, e.g. fork lifts, pallet stackers, wrappers, strapping machinery, etc.
- Knowledge of legislation and guidelines used in the day-to-day operation of the warehouse.
- Certificates in First Aid, WHMIS would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent memory is required.
Working Conditions and Special Requirements:
- Performs regular job functions in a warehouse environment, which includes exposure to some physical elements.
- Work includes continuous strenuous activities, such as frequent reaching, bending, or lifting as well as performing activities, which require fine manual dexterity, or coordination in operating machines or equipment.
- Requires ability to stand for long periods.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 /hour
- Forklift (reach or counterbalance): 2 years (Preferred)
- warehouse: 2 years (Required)