Title: Heavy Equipment and Truck Inspector / Mechanic
Type: Full-Time / Part-Time
Area: Western Canada
bidadoo auctions is the largest and most trusted business and industrial online auction / remarketing company on the world’s largest online marketplace. Our customers include leading Fortune 500 companies such as United Rentals, Caterpillar Dealers, John Deere Remarketing, Hertz Equipment, GE Capital, Chase Bank, Sunbelt Rentals, Boeing, Skanska Construction, Terex/Genie, and others. As featured in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Hot Business category, bidadoo is rapidly expanding to meet the tremendous growth in our construction and industrial markets.
In this role you will be inspecting construction and industrial-related equipment and machinery for online sale and remarketing. This includes detailed inspections, preparation, minor repairs, research, detailed descriptions, photography/video, and auction listings to remarket and sale equipment and trucks on a global basis. If you have experience in construction equipment and trucks, combined with good communications and some computer / internet skills and an interest in eCommerce, this is an excellent opportunity to consider.
- Managing all aspects of the online inspection and production process, including heavy equipment and truck inspections, research, photography/video, descriptions, and logistics.
- Typical equipment includes: construction equipment, agriculture equipment, tools and machinery / parts, trucks, machine tools, etc.
- Working with our customers, including loading and unloading, customer assistance, troubleshooting, etc.
- Scheduling and coordinating heavy equipment inspections with our partners/customers
- Construction equipment and customer support, including loading, unloading, minor repairs, customer assistance, troubleshooting, etc as required
- Maintain industry-leading customer service levels with our sellers and buyers, including customer inquiries, disputes and positive resolutions, always fostering a culture of Doing the Right Thing
- Understanding online sales, merchandizing, auctions and eBay
- Researching a wide range of assets via internet and various sources
- Develop, maintain, implement and follow policies and practices for safe and efficient operations
- Writing professional asset descriptions that are informative, detailed, accurate and global buyer-focused
- Have and maintain highest level of professionalism and integrity
- Working with all parts of the business to ensure superior satisfaction for all of our customers, both buyers and sellers
- Learning all aspects of the business and driving positive change in our processes and our capabilities
Background and Qualifications include:
- Experience with heavy equipment and machinery, such as construction equipment, agriculture equipment, trucks, or industrial equipment
- Minimum 5 years mechanical, fleet, rental, service or related equipment experience
- Significant customer engagement, service and support experience
- Strong equipment and mechanical skills and diagnostic experience
- Decent proficiency in computer skills, applications, internet, etc
- Some experience with photography and/or video, recommended
- Strong people, partner and team management experience
- Experience with many internet technologies, including eBay, etc. useful, but not required
- Ability to manage projects with multiple tasks, resources, and customer interaction
- Attention to detail and mechanically inclined
- Ability to climb on and inspect large construction equipment regularly
- Ability to work flexible work schedules, including traveling to customer locations
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and a great team player
- Vertical expertise – helpful background includes heavy equipment & machinery, construction equipment rental, service and sales / marketing, auction sales, remarketing, etc.
- Self-motivated with skills and attitude to excel in a start-up / entrepreneurial / team-oriented environment
For more information see bidadoo and call our main number or email.
Job Type: Full-time
- Heavy Equipment / Mechanical / Service: 3 years (Required)