About Concert Properties
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with a stellar reputation. For thirty years, Concert has been committed to our employees, investors, partners and to the communities where we build and live, dedicated to what it means to be a developer with a difference. Today, the company has built a portfolio valued at over $7 billion while remaining one of the most trusted names in Canadian real estate. Our success is based on people – on a passionate, talented team who value a collaborative culture, a desire for excellence and a willingness to give back. You will have the opportunity to join a forward-thinking team and be proud of working at a company developing, acquiring and maintaining high quality, sustainable buildings and communities across Canada.
Reporting to the Director, Investments in Vancouver, this role will be responsible for managing a subset of Concert’s industrial & commercial and residential rental income producing properties in British Columbia through a strategic multi-disciplinary approach that combines asset management, leasing and financing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Asset Management - Work with the team on the investment and operation strategy for each asset to be managed, and then oversee the execution of the strategy, including annual budgeting and quarterly reporting, in collaboration with in-house property management and accounting.
- Commercial Leasing and Tenant Relations Management - Work with 3rd party leasing brokers to market and lease vacant industrial & commercial space, negotiate market-competitive and accretive lease transactions, and work with commercial tenants on renewals and other property matters.
- Term Financing - Manage and secure mortgage financing or renewals in line with each property’s strategy.
- Other - Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position.
What you bring:
- University degree, preferably in Real Estate, Business or Commerce.
- 5-10 years of relevant real estate experience with a strong background in leasing and/or asset management.
- Experience and understanding of commercial leases and the leasing process, including drafting of offers and leases, and possibly working with tenants and the brokerage community.
- Thorough understanding of industrial and office properties in the Metro Vancouver market; building operations knowledge would be useful.
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to analyze complex financial, legal and contractual matters, and to provide strategic solutions or recommendations.
- Ability to perform general real estate underwriting and valuation.
- Team player with an understanding of group dynamics and a track record of proactively managing tasks and responsibilities, as well as a self-starter.
- Adept at multi-tasking on a diverse set of activities while working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in the MS Office suite of programs, especially Excel and Word; Yardi software experience would be an asset.
- A BC Commercial Real Estate Trading Services licence in good standing, or the ability to become licensed, would be beneficial.
- Asset management experience of a residential portfolio would be considered an asset.
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position.
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Education reimbursement
Reference ID: Manager, Investments
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Real Estate or asset management: 5 years (Preferred)