TechInsights is growing and is adding an Inside Sales professional to our Global Inside Sales Team. Reporting directly to the VP, Technical Intelligence, the Inside Sales Representative is a key member of the go-to-market sales team. Working in close cooperation with the outside sales and Marketing, you will be responsible for following up on leads while identifying new business or sales opportunities for TechInsights’ products and services. You will have an ability to identify and develop new customer leads, prepare action plans, and follow through on closing. You bring a proven inside sales background, ideally with knowledge of the semiconductor industry, and are goal-oriented, self-motivated, and are passionate about your profession. The successful candidate will be a driven, persistent, and hands-on individual who is not easily discouraged. Combining a passion for new technology with top-of-the-line communication skills, this candidate will drive sales initiatives and grow business for TechInsights’ unparalleled technology product and services.
We are open to all individuals of various experience levels. Ideally, the successful candidate will be located in Ottawa but open to considering candidates in other locations.
Key Responsibilities • Source new sales opportunities through inbound leads and outbound cold calls and emails
- Research accounts, identify key contacts and the potential fit for TechInsights’ products or services as a context that maximizes the effectiveness of cold calling
- Develop action plans to pursue leads; follow up on prospects
- Contact prospective clients to generate interest in TechInsights’ products and services
- Qualify incoming calls; gather customer requirements and recommend appropriate products or services
- Leverage reports and CRM functionality with a systematic approach to ensure diligent follow up, lead tracking, pipeline visibility
- Showcase TechInsights’ subscription-based tools and content in client demonstrations
- Set up calls/meetings for regional Sales people to close qualified opportunities
- Provide quotes in a timely manner and ensure sales orders are efficiently expedited
- Collaborate with outside sales and product teams to maximize customer satisfaction and product effectiveness
- Participate in development of sales strategy for the product and services
- Ideally 3-5 years experience in a sales role, however qualities expressing drive, passion and resilience are of more value
- Knowledge of semiconductor products, fabrication and design techniques is an asset
- Knowledge of consumer electronic devices
- Ability/experience working seamlessly as part of a larger team - sales, marketing, operations
- Ability to deliver strong telephone cold calling, prospecting skills
- Demonstrated qualification, closing & negotiation skills; ability to qualify and prioritize high potential opportunities
- Skilled in preparing sales and business proposals
- Professional image and style in written and verbal communications
- Cultural awareness when dealing with clients in other regions
- Experience working with Salesforce or other CRMs; knowledge of Pardot is an asset
Competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and career opportunities are some of the components that draw talent to our company. More importantly, our strong sense of camaraderie, mutual respect and shared goals that define our culture, keep talent with our company.
Ottawa ranks among the world’s most desirable cities to call home. The National Capital city is very clean and green. It has a small town feel with a big city presence. There are many options available for those desiring an active lifestyle as Ottawa is a full four season destination. Whitewater rafting, Canoeing, Cycling, Fishing, Hiking, Skiing and Skating are all at our doorstep!
TechInsights is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.