Position: Quality Technician
Type: Full Time
Location: Chetwynd, BC
The Quality Technician is regarded as the “entry-level” team member and may be required to perform a variety of tasks on and offsite related to the erection of wind turbines. Under direct supervision from higher level technical supervisory and/or management, the Quality Technician utilizes skills and training to construct wind turbines at a basic level. The technician is expected to learn and apply skills in mechanics, rigging, electrical and quality control. EWR is a full-service wind energy solutions provider offering turnkey installation, maintenance, crane services, project planning, and more to wind farms across North America.
- Erection of Wind Mill Turbines.
- Checks quality of all components prior to and during erection.
- Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stops work / escalates or implements defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight.
- Demonstrates risk-averse safety behavior at all times. Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
- Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Performs basic level wind turbine construction and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment.
- Documents tasks where required, performs labour duties as needed.
- Works on crews as assigned. The technician role can vary between Grout crew, Quality Control, PreAssembly, Electrical, Mechanical, Topout, Tensioning and additional crew breakdown as required to successfully construct wind turbines. Management reserves the right to change crew roles and re-assign/re-distribute assignments as necessary to ensure the completion of wind turbine erection on schedule.
- Effectively gathers information regarding equipment (e.g. turbine) status. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in execution.
- Follows defined instructions and erecting schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
- Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- This role will require travel.
- Overtime may be required, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
- Only those candidates who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care