Business Development Representative
MacGregors Industrial Group is an industrial supply, manufacturing and construction firm based in MacLellan’s Brook, NS. In business for 44 years, our core divisions include: Fabrication, Machining, Industrial Sales, Site Services, and Prefabricated Buildings. Our highly skilled staff of 80 help us succeed in being a leader in our industry throughout Atlantic Canada and into markets across Canada and beyond.
Position in Organization and Reporting Relationship
The position of ‘Business Development Representative’ is responsible for the growth and development of new business for the comprehensive range of Industrial services and products which MacGregors offers, as well as the management of assigned priority accounts within our existing customer base. Reporting directly to the Vice-President of Sales & Business Development, this is a full-time permanent position based out of our head office in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia.
1. Provide a premium customer experience to managed accounts through effective communication and a high level of performance.
2. Grow our existing customer base with industrial sector companies who have a regular ongoing requirement for the products and services offered by MacGregors, as well as customers that have large one time projects.
3. Acquire projects that meet the MacGregor’s operational and gross profit margin criteria.
4. Assist the management team in delivering strategic solutions to both new and existing accounts in a manner that highlights the competitive advantages of our company.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
1. Strategically sell a comprehensive offering of industrial services and products to a wide range of industry sectors throughout our target markets.
2. Play a significant role in the management and growth of priority accounts in a manner that provides an exemplary level of customer service and relationship building.
3. Work closely with all departments of the company to provide solutions to our customers.
4. Develop proposals for clients which will include budgetary estimates, fixed price quotations, technical submissions and design concepts
5. Attendance and inclusion in client bid meetings, project site visits, and field representation activities as required
6. Develop and perform against annual sales strategies in collaboration with the senior management team.
7. Maintain a current and developing knowledge of all products and services offered by MacGregors Industrial Group.
1. Possess a passion for customer service and business development at a high level
2. Operate with a customer centric approach to optimally understanding and meeting customer needs.
3. Have a high aptitude for prospecting of new customers and development of new business that aligns with the objectives of the company.
4. Have a growth-oriented mindset that drives you to perform in an exceptional manner.
5. Achieve an agreed upon list of KPI’s and growth in new business
6. Provide consistent reporting to both internal and external customers in a format that provides maximum value for all parties through a CRM system.
7. Collaborate with estimation & project management to ensure sufficient data collection is achieved as required to properly respond to inquiries
8. Lead the preparation and presentation of bids and proposals for strategic opportunities as required
9. Be a self-starter on opportunities to expand your knowledge base as it relates to the position, our company, and the industries we serve.
Key Skills, Capabilities and Experience
1. Preferred previous technical sales experience in an Industrial setting
2. Have the ability to adopt and maintain sales strategies and processes at a high level
3. Experience in building and maintaining a customer base
4. Experience in working and coordinating with an estimation and project management team
5. Maintain a valid driver’s license
6. Location to be based within 90 minutes of MacGregors head office in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia
7. Have a high aptitude with industry technology such as Microsoft Office and CRM software.
8. Ability to travel on a flexible schedule within the Atlantic provinces on a monthly basis.
9. Familiarity with, and an understanding of, machining and fabrication processes, industrial products, and mechanical design would be an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent