The Real Estate Insurance Exchange (REIX) provides cost-effective, financial protection for approximately 14,000 real estate professionals in Alberta and Saskatchewan. We act on behalf of our professionals to protect them from losses that result from errors, omissions and negligent acts while performing their real estate duties.
REIX requires a full-time Administrative and Governance Specialist to provide support to the Executive team and Board of Directors.
- Prepare, courier or email correspondences, memos, letters, reports, documents including tables, charts, graphs, financial statements, and other company materials;
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the entire team;
- Maintain on site records management, filing system and offsite archives; and,
- Support the Accounting Coordinator with invoicing and expense claims processing.
- Compile board packages, presentations and agenda in advance of meetings;
- Ensure timely distribution of material to the Board;
- Draft and maintain governance documents as required;
- Prepare and distribute draft minutes, motions, and action items to CEO and Chair for approval;
- Coordinate board and management meetings: Board room bookings, catering, audio visual & teleconference requirements; and,
- Facilitate event planning for board, committees and other internal meetings: sourcing offsite venues, creating budgets, arrange audio visual, plan menus, activities, etc.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, and upgrading hardware/software related to the following: User desktops and peripherals, (VoIP) telephony, server, Cloud, printers, laptops, hardware/software, Website, etc.;
- Implement business technology processes and software as required; and,
- Project work as assigned by the CEO and Vice President.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of three years of project management or IT experience, with a minimum of three years of experience supporting senior executives;
- Experience with Project management processes and methodologies is required;
- Highly proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and Visio;
- Time management and multitasking skills with a strong sense of urgency under minimal supervision;
- High energy individual possessing excellent interpersonal and communication abilities;
- Demonstrated research and writing skills, along with strong verbal communication skills;
- Excellent at fostering internal and external relationships;
- Real Estate industry experience is preferred; and,
- Superior organization, prioritization and critical thinking skills as well as proven active listening skills.
Why Join Our Team?
- High-performance culture based on freedom and responsibility
- 100% company funded health benefits (for you and your family)
- RRSP matching program
Posting closes Wednesday, July 23, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- executive support: 3 years (Required)
- project management or IT: 3 years (Required)