Quality Inn & Suites Niagara Falls
POSITION TITLE: FRONT DESK AGENT
REPORTS TO: Front desk manager
POSITION SUMMARY: **
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Taking and modify reservations, determinations a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures. Places guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicates this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Prepare Breakfast in the slow season.
Keep hotel lobby clean at all times.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: **
- Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Able to make new, modify existing and cancel reservations.
- Assists in verification and blocking off rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms. Physically go inspect rooms if needed.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Performing cashier related functions like posting charges to guest accounts, raising paid out's.
- Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures and record details in the courier Mail Register.
- Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
- Issue parking passes/validate valet parking tickets.
- Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
- Obtain proper identification for tax-exempt guests and attach the form to registration card.
- Reads and initials the pass-on log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the front desk manager or general manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk and lobby area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
- Patrol hotel area as well as the parking lot as needed.
- Keep the hotel lobby and guest elevator clean at all times.
- Prepare and serve breakfast at slow season or as hotel operation need.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Must speak, read. Write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace. Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used by the guests who visit the hotel.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired.
Physical: Requires fingering, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Choice Hotels Group: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)