VersaCold is a food-first supply chain company with one of North America’s largest cold chain networks. We're dedicated to ensuring the safety, quality and freshness of the food families eat. With 65 years of experience, we collaborate as entrusted partners to maintain cold chain integrity and deliver customized solutions to complex business challenges. The foundation of our culture is based upon The VersaCold Way demonstrating our commitment to health and safety, integrity, innovation, performance and collaboration.
We are a growing organization and currently looking for a passionate and motivated
Supervisor, Transport Office to join our winning team.
Employment Type: Full-Time- Evening Shift
Reports To: Manager, Terminal Operations
Office/Facility: Lachine Facility – Montreal,QC
The Supervisor, Transportation Office provides leadership and direction to a team of office employees, overseeing the day-to-day customer service and administrative functions related to the timely movement of product into and out of the facility. Collaborates, participates, and communicates closely with the Manager, Terminal Operations and the Dock and Dispatch leaders, ensuring successful fulfillment of customer service, the terminal and network objectives.
- Leads and promotes a culture where Health & Safety is the #1 priority. Provides leadership and support for Health & Safety initiatives at the facility.
- Operates within and ensures full compliance with the Code of Business Conduct, company policies and procedures, and all statutes and legislation governing the workplace.
- In collaboration with the terminal management team, partners with national and regional Health & Safety leads to implement incident prevention programs.
- In collaboration with the terminal management team, partners with regional Food Safety lead to implement and maintain Cold Chain Assurance programs such as HACCP, including program development, ensuring compliance, employee training and compliance reporting.
- May participate in Joint Health & Safety meetings.
- Provides proactive direction to the Office team.
- Leads daily Office operations by prioritizing activities, and providing leadership and direction to the Office team. Ensures the shift follows established procedures in alignment with the company vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- Monitors, measures, coaches and develops direct reports, ensures adherence to policies and procedures, provides recognition, evaluates and provides feedback on performance, addresses performance concerns and resolves problems.
- Assumes the leadership role in the hiring, orientation, training and development of staff of their respective team.
- Establishes work schedules and ensures that they are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned and completed effectively. Tracks daily attendance of Office employees, including sick days, vacation and floater days. Monitors attendance and addresses attendance management issues.
- Manages the ongoing development of talent and leadership of employees on their team.
- Champions company-wide programs for increasing employee engagement, communications and people development.
- Plays a leadership role at the Terminal, being a team player and collaborating effectively with all team members in Transportation, Linehaul and Warehousing to achieve daily objectives.
- Leads their team in providing the highest levels of service to all customers with whom they interact, whether internal or external, with the goal of continuously improving the customer experience.
- Works with the Manager, Terminal Operations and leadership team to implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) related to daily customer service objectives.
- Oversees and monitors customer service levels provided and implements continuous service improvements.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Terminal Operations, communicates with existing customers to understand and prioritize their needs, participating in calls and meetings as appropriate.
- Works with the Terminal Operations leadership team and the Sales team to develop retention initiatives for existing customers and build solutions to secure new customer opportunities.
- Implements improved operational processes that enhance capabilities to meet/exceed service standards.
- Ensures organizational adherence and accountability to standard operating procedures.
- Leads their team in providing the first line of contact for customers, answering phone calls, responding to customer requests, entering orders, tracing shipments, and liaising with all members of the Terminal team to ensure the accurate and timely movement of product into and out of the terminal.
- Leads and participates in processing payables, including vendor invoices, auditing invoices to validate rates, coding invoices to the appropriate G/L, obtaining sign-off from the Manager, Terminal Operations, and submitting to accounts payable team. Records/reports accruals at month end for any vendor services performed where invoice is not yet received.
- Works with the Terminal Operations leadership team to set operational goals, measuring and reporting results on a timely basis.
- Collects and reports operational data as directed by Manager, Terminal Operations.
- Orders office supplies and manages office equipment, overseeing adjustments and/or repairs as necessary, and recommending adjustments to quantity and type of equipment to meet business needs and minimize costs.
- Establishes key daily activities for office employees ensuring responsibilities are clearly defined and performance objectives are being met.
- Recommends continuous improvement efforts and identifies cost saving and growth initiatives.
- Ensures payroll is accurately approved and submitted in a timely manner.
- Continuously grows and develops operational knowledge and leadership capabilities by participating in professional development opportunities. Keeps informed of new and emerging trends in their respective discipline and the transportation and supply chain industries by reviewing the latest industry literature (books, trade journals, online articles) and participating in industry associations and events.
- Champions projects in support of the company vision, mission, strategy and culture.
- May play a role in managing security system, such as programming access cards and managing hours of access.
- Other duties as required.
- 3-5 years of customer service supervisory experience in a fast-paced warehousing and/or transportation environment.
- University or college education required; a focus on Business, Warehousing Transportation, Operations Management, or related field.
- Completion of the Professional Logistics (P.Log) designation or CITT preferred.
- First Aid certification an asset.
- Excellent customer service abilities with a natural desire to provide exceptional service.
- Ability to provide exceptional team leadership, including coaching, mentoring and engaging employees to bring out their very best work on the job.
- Ability to recognize unique strengths and talents in each team member, and coach and develop employees to grow and encourage strengths, and put development plans in place to address areas for improvement, if required for the job.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and ability to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and enhance results. Ability to manage and adapt to change.
- Approachable, positive demeanor with a hands-on and team-oriented work style.
- Analytical; logical thinker with ability to think two steps ahead and successfully analyze different pieces of information and put them together like a puzzle.
- Knowledge of the logistics, supply chain and/or transportation industry preferred.
- Commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to ensure accuracy, compliance and a team culture of excellence.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize work flow to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment. Able to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Takes initiative, is proactive in their work, and results-oriented.
- Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience working effectively in a unionized environment governed by collective agreements is an asset.
- Working knowledge of labour management, transportation, financial and other key technologies.
VersaCold is an equal opportunity employer. Please note, while we appreciate all applications only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- dock: 1 year (Preferred)