At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Northern College is seeking a creative individual with well-developed problem solving, organizational and decision-making skills.
DUTIES: As part of the Employment Options Team you will report to the Campus Manager in Kirkland Lake. This bilingual position assists in the implementation, delivery, evaluation and follow-ups of employment services programs managed by Northern College located in Kirkland Lake. These programs include the full suite of Employment Services sponsored by Employment Ontario such as Assisted Employment Services, Second Career, Job Creation Program and the Summer programs.
You will be responsible for:
• the successful operation of the Resource and Information Centre activities by becoming knowledgeable about our services as it relates to employment, literacy and adult learning, apprenticeship and other related community services.
• inputting client data into the Client Activity Tracking System and utilize your communication and computer skills while delivering workshops for Employment Services.
Education and Credentials:
• One year Office Administration Executive, Business and/or Marketing Diploma
• a combination of relevant education
• excellent written and oral communication skills
• computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• excellent presentation and customer service skills
• proficiency in both English and French, verbal and written, is mandatory
• minimum one year of relevant work and/or program experience
Conditions of Employment:
• proof of valid WHMIS/WHMIS review card
Successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.