Looking for an exciting future? Join Advantage! With over 15 years’ experience building stairs and railings, Advantage Stair & Rail has developed into a leader in the industry. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop skills that can lead to advancement opportunities!
We are looking to add a dedicated, hardworking and very detail-oriented Wood Railing Installer to our team!
This position comes with plenty of opportunity for growth within a supportive team environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing interior wood posts, spindles and railings.
- Read and interpret drawings or work orders to determine specifications and requirements for installation.
- Help gather materials required for project, includes lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling materials (some heavy lifting required); load into work vehicle and travel to job site.
- Sanding, veneering, cutting and gluing wood railings.
- Use necessary hand, power tools and other equipment required to build stairs.
- Successfully troubleshoot issues when they arise by finding quick and accurate solutions.
- Appropriately document all product/installation deficiencies and determine the nature of any required service work.
- Provide excellent customer service to homeowners, builders, contractors etc.
- General housekeeping and maintaining cleanliness of jobsite once installation complete.
- Ensure tools and equipment are clean, functional and safe at all times.
- Ensure work area and storage area are clean and safe at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma in Woodworking, Carpentry, Construction or equivalent work experience in the field required. Background in Finish Carpentry preferred.
- Strong finish & fine carpentry skills required (i.e. trim).
- Valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license required. Must maintain a good driving record and lawfully operate all company vehicles.
- Competency with wood working tools and materials.
- Punctual, dedicated, hardworking and extremely detail-oriented.
- Excellent decision-making ability and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently.
- Willingness to learn and continually develop professional skills and knowledge base.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable with heights.
- Willingness to work overtime depending on season, workload, etc.
Our team consists of outstanding individuals with positive attitudes and a willingness to do what it takes.
If you want to become a member of our team and possess the required skills, please click the APPLY NOW button. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
**We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.**
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-04
Job Types: Contract, Commission
Salary: $100,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Masks are provided
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stairs/Railing: 2 years (required)
- Skilled Labor: 3 years (required)