Job Title: Quality Control Technician / Pattern Maker for Mens & Ladies Knitwear
The Quality Control Technician is responsible to assure consistent quality of production of Mens & Ladies fashion on all products as well as to inspect product for any defects or deviations from the required specifications. Will also be responsible as a pattern maker to create pattern pieces for particular designs as well as adjust where necessary.
- Maintains and improves quality by completing product compliance.
- Ensure finished product meets quality and safety standards as specified by outlined standards.
- Validates quality processes by establishing product specifications, measuring production, updating quality assurance procedures.
- Inspect product purchased from suppliers and maintain records of supplier performance to assist suppliers in improving their performance as well as determine which suppliers are reliable and meet specified requirements.
- Check and test samples of a product.
- Work with Buying Team to establish quality requirements for suppliers.
- Ensuring the manufacturing or production processes meet national and international standards.
- Making suggestions to improve quality control and how to implement them.
- Ability to convert clothing design into a pattern.
- Ability to make necessary adjustments to a design before sent to production.
- Test patterns by making and fitting sample garments.
- Discuss design specification with designers/buyers and convert original model into patterns of separate parts.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience.
- Very observant and are detail oriented.
- Technical knowledge relevant to the apparel industry
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Must be accurate when taking measurements and documenting figures.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Knowledge of Illustrator an asset.
Fairweather welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pattern Maker: 5 years (Required)
- Quality Control: 5 years (Required)