Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management or Business Administration or the equivalent experience in a responsible managerial experience in Purchasing and Inventory Control. Must have demonstrated organizational capabilities and experience to establish work priorities to meet Company/Division needs.
Five years’ experience with Bachelor's degree or eight years suitable experience.
Is responsible for all materials procurement and control activities. Including management of raw and finished goods inventories as well as traffic for all plants. Duties include establishment and maintenance of systems (AMS & BOS), procedures, and supervision and co-ordination of all purchased materials, inventory control, receiving, shipping, traffic, factory warehousing, and customer service. Responsible for the scheduling of all production lines.
The Materials Control Manager is responsible for ensuring that safe work practices are carried out in their department by ensuring that their employees follow safe work procedures to do their assigned duties. The Material Control Manager works with all departments to maintain a safe and healthy workplace by identifying and removing potential workplace hazards, prevention of workplace accidents and injuries, and enhancing the quality of work life at Adient Seating Canada LP.
1. Represents the Materials Department at management meetings to recommend and otherwise assist with the development, planning and formulation of policies, long and short range objectives and operating goals.
2. Develops operating policies and procedures which co-ordinate materials activities with those of other departments, and which obtain quality materials from reliable resources, in sufficient quantities, at minimum cost. Recommends and administers these matters and controls compliances.
3. Work with Central Purchasing in the set-up of suppliers for production materials and follow up on pricing issues and/or supplier material performance issues.
4. Follow-up with vendors and commercial carriers as required to make certain that delivery schedules are met consistent with the specific needs of the organization.
5. Co-ordinate all contacts between supplier's representatives and Plant's operating and technical personnel.
6. Canvass and investigate suppliers for shipping supplies (packaging materials, returnable containers), interview representatives, analyze bids. Work with customers and suppliers to maintain the good repair of returnable containers.
7. Negotiates and selects carrier for movement of incoming and outgoing materials when freight costs for these items are the responsibility of Adient Tillsonburg.
8. Responsible for the scheduling of all production. Working closely with customers to insure that all orders are produced on time for shipment.
9. Develop forecasts and report status for control of raw material and finished goods inventories to determine and maintain them at the lowest possible levels without jeopardizing customer service or jeopardizing production (MU).
10. To be the company representative in all matters of customs duty, brokerage and border crossing requirements.
11. Control any commercial issues of all company vehicles.
12. Ensure the completion of BOS requirements for MMSA audits and BOM reviews.
13. Develop, implement, and maintain measurables as needed to measure materials performance to company goals. Analyze measured results for improvement and report results regularly as required.
14. Promote, implement and understand customer specific requirements and standards that apply to the department.
Tillsonburg Seating Facility