Kitscoty Community Cabin 4 Kids is an accredited childcare centre for ages 12 month to 12 years. We are currently seeking a Childcare Primary Caregiver. If you are a self motivated, energetic, caring, understanding and enthusiastic individual, we would love for you to join our team. KCCK is a child directed learn through play program. We are in the process of incorporating the new Alberta childcare framework into our daily activities. The children are encouraged to explore, learn, problem solve and have fun as they play in a safe nurturing environment. Activities offered to children include: field trips, cooking experiences, arts & crafts, recreational activities, multi-cultural activities and special events.
We strive to ensure our employees are a good fit based on their strengths, interests and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following:
- Child Development Supervisor/Worker/Assistant certificate – (Formally levels 3/2/1) Or currently enrolled in the ELCC program
- Experience working with both older and younger children aged 12 months to 12 years.
- Experience providing an enriching environment for young children.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills including basic computer literacy.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Evidence of a clear police information check and vulnerable sector search
- 3 professional references
The child care primary caregiver will ensure the delivery of excellent care by:
- Identifying and responding in a professional and timely manner to the needs and the wants of children and parents/guardians
- Plan and facilitate intentional developmentally appropriate, play based learning activities. This includes engagement in active play both indoors and outdoors.
- Effectively implementing Alberta curriculum guidelines, playing to learn curriculum, and everyday programming.
- Ensuring the upkeep of a safe and clean environment that is in good repair.
- Establish effective communication standards with all team members
- Provide support for KCCK initiatives
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 /hour