Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a very different kind of professional services firm where culture is at the heart of who we are and what we do. We employ about 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about helping our clients, colleagues, and communities thrive. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a special organization that’s purpose driven and as we grow we always want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in our Transactions team with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals including transactions experts, business valuators, chartered accountants, forensic accountants, management consultants, and other professional advisers who are committed to and understand entrepreneurial people and organizations
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with well-respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
- Work with purpose and have a meaningful impact on our clients and staff
As a Senior Manager in Transactions your responsibilities will include:
- Directing the preparation of valuations of assets and business interests for a wide range of purposes, such as: mergers and acquisitions, litigation support, taxation, public offerings, fairness opinions, management buy-outs, financial reporting, forensics and shareholder disputes.
- Leading and developing a team of professionals supporting clients with all aspects of the purchase and sale of a business including leading the preparation of industry research, marketing documents, target purchaser analysis and all other facets of the mergers & acquisition process.
- Leading the preparation of financial models and financing proposal documentation for the purpose of sourcing and obtaining market driven senior and subordinated debt arrangements.
- Providing transaction advisory and due diligence services to clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy-outs, management buy-ins etc.
- Lead various business development initiatives (internal and external) including presenting pitches, proposals and new client prospects as well as attendance at various business development events. Continue to grow an established practice.
- Collaborate with the Partners for maintaining the operational excellence of the transactions practice through best practice billing, collections, scheduling and engagement management.
- Ensuring the transactions practice maintains compliance/due diligence standards with established operational procedures.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts we before me, where flexibility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Transactions? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Completion of a university degree and Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Chartered Business Valuator “CBV” designation
- 2 to 3 years post designation transaction or equivalent experience; 6 to 8 years technical transaction work experience
- Business development acumen and professional confidence growing an established practice
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience leading, coaching and developing an eager team
- Skilled at generating creative solutions to abstract or undefined problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills with the experience multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- An exceptional experience for the client approach to work
- Strong online research database skills
- Well-developed analytical and program-solving skills
- Confident and team focused, relationship-builder, interacts well with leaders, peers and clients
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills; robust experience working with and developing complex financial models; proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.