Currently hiring for jobs in and around the Ottawa area, however must be willing and able to travel out of town in other parts of Eastern Ontario if required.
- Set up instruments and lasers for grade elevations, using hand tools; measuring instruments, performing rough framing, finishing freshly poured concrete; erecting scaffolding, shoring, and braces; waterproofing surfaces; applying caulking compounds to seal crevices; grinding, sanding, or polishing surfaces such as concrete, wood and steel; demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, cutting and attaching insulating material.
- Assist skilled construction workers in the areas of water & sewer piping, concrete, steel, or carpentry as well as other related tasks.
- Adhere to the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to successfully complete safety training as required on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effectively communicate with team members (mandatory)
- Effectively communicate, problem solve and maintain effective working relationship with team members, supervisors, customers, sub-contractors, equipment operators, property owners, and the general public (mandatory)
- Must be knowledgeable of the hazards and safety requirements of the job (mandatory)
- General knowledge of practices and methods applicable to heavy civil construction (preferred).
- Ability to read construction drawings (preferred).
- General knowledge of construction materials and their use (preferred).
- Traffic control procedures (preferred)
- Must be willing and able to work out of town for extended periods of time if and when required
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and may be done at a surface environment, at extreme heights, underground or water, and in inclement weather.
- Expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling and balancing. Thus, a certain amount of strength dexterity and alertness is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)