Position: Director of Sales
Reports to: General Manager
Biobest is a global leader in biocontrol and pollination and is poised to achieve extraordinary growth on existing and developing market segments. The duties, responsibilities and guidelines for this position will evolve over time as Biobest grows, with respect to products and services offered.
Duties, Responsibilities and Guidelines:
· Strategically accelerate Biobest growth in North America (Biobest USA Inc. and Biobest Canada Ltd.)
· Lead a continent-wide team structured in Outside Sales, Technical Development and Inside Sales over 5 geographic regions
· Develop sales activity, including definition of value proposition to customers, and definition of product mix
· Prioritize the approach of market segments in a high growth environment, and defines short and long-term objectives and strategy by segment and by region
· Provide guidance and oversight to the sales process while leading a team of regional sales managers
· Monitor performance against targets, proactively managing performance of the entire sales function
· Develop regional managers leadership and effectively managing performance vs. objectives
· Communicate cross-functionally with Supply Chain, Product Development, Operations, Finance and Human Resources
· Define yearly Sales budget and resources to achieve growth
· Drive sales opportunities from a full lifecycle perspective, KPI and result driven
· Track records on all activity throughout the sales team, and share with Managing partners on weekly basis
· Oversee the developing of national accounts and negotiating strategic partnerships, with a cross continental dimension for the largest accounts
· Communicate with Global Sales Team on a regular basis
· Develop a unique business culture in the Ag industry
· Sit as a member of the Biobest Canada / USA executive team
Education, experience and skills:
· 5+ years of people management experience, preferably within the agriculture industry
· Technical understanding of integrated pest management a very strong asset
· Strong understanding of the Sales function and the value it delivers
· Strong leadership of Sales function with an integrated business approach from supply to customer satisfaction
· Experience with different budgeting systems, strong skill using excel and ability with numbers
· Strong understanding in the ins and outs of forecasting
· Demonstrated ability to build, coach, lead and mentor teams
· Effective communicator with demonstrated written and verbal skills
· Capable of setting clear and deliverable goals for themselves and the team
Languages: English, Spanish a strong asset
Location: Preferably Leamington, ON (Canada) – other locations will be considered for the right candidate, with substantial presence required in Leamington, Ontario. The position will require extensive travel.
Hours: Office hours, with flexibility to work in collaboration with different time zones.
WHO WE ARE
The successful candidate will identify with who we are:
1. We are passionate about contributing to sustainable agriculture.
· People with passion can change the world for the better.
· We believe that sustainability is also about integrity and respect.
2. We satisfy, service and delight our customers.
· We supply the highest quality pollination and sustainable crop protection solutions, on time and in full.
· Serving our customers better is the basis for all our decisions.
3. We support team member happiness and excellence
· We strive to create a positive work environment where motivated team members can flourish and succeed to their highest potential.
· We appreciate effort, excellence and pro-active initiative and do not hesitate to express our gratitude and encouragement to each other.
· Trust is earned when actions meet words.
· We value your constructive opinion and contribution.
· Speak in such a way that others want to listen to you.
· Listen in such a way that others want to speak to you.
4. We believe in the power of collaboration
· We are each first of all part of one or more business processes and only thereafter part of a department. We always look at the entire process & avoid just optimizing our own part.
· We love to share. Information and knowledge become power when they are shared.
· We like to have fun. We celebrate successes.
5. We continuously strive to improve everything we do.
· We pick our battles wisely and spend our energy on those things which have the biggest impact for our company, our customers and the world.
· If it is possible to make mistakes, then we need to redesign the system instead of wasting energy on blaming. We always look for the root cause.
· We speak in terms of opportunities and solutions and not in terms of problems. Every problem is an opportunity to do it better.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent