Our growing team at Myticas is looking for an experienced Software Solution Architect who would be interested in a contract opportunity within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Overall Responsibilities include:
- Work with team to design, build and support a robust internal PAAS (platform as a service) capability.
- Evangelize the principles and mindset of DevOps, drive and support various projects and initiatives.
- Identify and plan for optimization of resources and cost reduction wherever possible.
- Recommend and prove the best technology practices, principles and tools for the job, like JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Docker, Crowd, Gitlab, Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
- Apply Experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex Operations challenges.
- Effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Always look for ways to empirically measure the outcome of the work we complete.
- Champion continuous improvements in Operations capabilities.
Job is also known as:
- BSC in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ working Experience
- Strong Experience in automation for an Enterprise.
- Strong Experience in Chef, JDK, Apache/Tomcat, RHEL, Linux and open source technology stacks.
- Experience with pertinent software tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Nexus, Vagrant, Docker, etc.)
- Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability and operational scalability.
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery principles, practices, tools and process.
- Expertise in modern cloud infrastructure, APIs and virtualization concerns is essential.
- Ability to render system design details in sequence and flow diagrams and other forms of documentation when required.
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices.
- Ability to communicate complex architectures and insights in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Ability to work in an agile, multi-skilled team of top talents.
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge.
- Able to work independently, based on agreed strategic goals and objectives.
- Can work with local/remote teams, and support the Requirements from world-wide teams.
Software Solution Architect, Solution Architect, Software Architect, IT Architect, IT Solution Architect