Forthright Properties is a professional property management organization established in 2011. A dynamic and rapidly growing company, Forthright's brand new head office is located in Winnipeg. With properties located all around Manitoba & Winnipeg, we believe everyone should have a clean, attractive, and safe place to call home.
Forthright is searching for our next team member in the role of Leasing Agent to join the leasing department. Reporting to the Leasing and Marketing Manager, if you are looking for a role in a growing company that offers an opportunity to make your mark and influence direction, then this is the opportunity for you!
The Leasing Agent is Forthright’s frontline ‘face of the company’ and works to attract and match prospective tenants to available properties in the portfolio. This is accomplished through communication and property showings leading to successful tenancies.
Salary negotiable based on experience, compensation includes group benefits and profits sharing plan.
- Meet with prospective renters and take them on tours of the units that they express interest in.
- Always assess show readiness of units and cleanliness of properties. Take pictures and report any maintenance issues to the Leasing Coordinator.
- Present properties and amenities in a positive light to encourage prospective tenants to engage in a lease with Forthright.
- Follow up with potential future renters including recent showings and persons on waiting lists.
- Confirm rental application data is correct and complete as per processes.
- Collect application fees, security deposits and rent payments; as well as laundry monies from the laundry services and return to collections.
- Contribute to the process of reviewing tenants’ applications by providing information to the office team to allow for an informed decision.
- Provide input to management on market conditions of the property portfolio as it pertains to like properties and similar buildings nearby.
- Drop off notices to tenants regarding general affairs.
- Conduct move-ins for all incoming and transferring tenants. This includes completing proper walkthroughs and making notes of damages, etc. in the suite with the tenant in attendance.
- Pick up supplies, materials etc. as directed by the Leasing Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Salaried position; able to work longer than 8 hrs./day with a rotating shift schedule that includes weekends
- Must have a class 5 Driver’s license = Daily highway and city driving required
- Minimum high school level education. Some post-secondary education preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), web mail, applications = Daily use of these programs as well as some inhouse software.
- Customer service experience a strong asset = Experience in sales, negotiation, and customer care to properly represent the company and work towards a lease with potential tenants.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills proven in prior responsibilities = Ability to relate and converse with cold leads
- Experience negotiating and persuading customers to commit to a product or service = Persuasive sales and amicable deal making.
- Above-average problem-solving skills that are expressed through independent decision-making endeavors. = Frequently working independently with little supervision; must make discriminant decisions by using knowledge and policy.
We thank all those who apply however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year
- Leasing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)