Founded in 1979, Liteline Corporation is Canada’s leading and largest privately held lighting manufacturer. We specialize in LED lighting for North American residential and commercial markets. More specifically, we manufacture complete lines for architectural lighting, hospitality and retail verticals, office and commercial space, high rise residentials and more. Located in the vicinity of the high-tech hub in the Greater Toronto Area, Liteline operates a 160,000 sq. ft. office, manufacturing and warehouse distribution facility. With over 130 employees, Liteline is poised for strategic growth for years to come!
Liteline is seeking a client-focused, detail-oriented Junior Systems Administrator to join its IT team.
Reporting directly to the Manager of IT, the Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for:
· Studying the network and computer needs of organization or establishment and recommending system to senior staff
· Installing computers, printers, wireless or other network connections and applications
· Assisting with data back-ups
· Upgrading and repairing computer systems, hardware drivers and applications
· Answering questions from staff
· Monitoring performance of systems and advising senior administrators of problems, defects or potential security breaches
· Managing users’ access to network and permissions by users to change their computers or system
· Locating sources and causes of data breach, server or network crashes and computer viruses
· Removing computer viruses, spyware and other malicious applications from computers or systems
· Providing other support to the IT team as required.
This is the perfect job for you, if you have:
· MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) or related field.
· Some experience in computer networks and systems maintenance
· Some experience on current network operating systems
· Strong analytical ability to analyze a system’s performance and make recommended changes or identify potential malfunctions or breaches
· Effective communication skills to advise employees with considerably less familiarity with computers and other forms of technology
· Demonstrated skills in handling hardware, installation of drivers for hardware and applications and examining the adequacy of computer and system security.
· Demonstrated ability in remedying problems and identifying the causes or possible causes and attempting fixes.
· Strong sense of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality required
For the right candidate, we will offer:
· Competitive pay commensurate with qualifications and experience
· Wellness events onsite at our office (e.g. Mini-massage Fridays)
· Employer funded after-work team social events
· Partial company match on employee contributions towards company group RRSP
· An opportunity to be part of an innovative, growing organization that supports learning and development
We thank all candidates for applying, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the unique skills and experiences of each of our candidates; recognizing that each prospective team member of Liteline may help turn our efforts into building a diverse and inclusive place to work, a reality.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. Should you require accommodation(s) to participate at any point in the recruitment and selection process please indicate it in your cover letter and a member of our Human Resources team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent