We are hiring for a Research Operations Manager!
About the role:
Did you know we have an Innovations team? We're determined to be on the leading edge of what we do, to figure out what groundbreaking product we're going to build next.
PayByPhone is looking for an experienced mixed methods researcher to join the newly established Product Innovation & Research team. As our Research Operations Manager, you possess extremely strong analytical, leadership, communication, and organizational skills. You also have strong attention to detail, a sophisticated understanding of what data means, and how we can use it to make meaningful change!
Here's what you'll do:
You'll excel in this role if you:
- Contribute to a company-wide research strategy while adhering to Agile methodologies and practices.
- Innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice.
- Plan and scope user research studies across various PayByPhone initiatives.
- Train the wider product management team in conducting and analyzing user research studies.
- Strive to learn and master the needs and motivations of our customer base, in all geographies, in order to inform continuous improvement.
- Collaborate closely with the wider product management team on cross product initiatives in order to ensure accuracy and efficiency in user research studies.
- Embrace a continuous personal development mentality, always seeking to learn and improve in line with current role and future development path.
- Support a strong product culture, evangelising user research practices throughout the organization.
- Champion a mentoring approach to research throughout the organization.
- Actively seek to deeply understand the business by forming strong partnerships with the commercial and finance teams as well as working closely with the senior leadership team.
Are an excellent storyteller and communicator. You are able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers, and other key stakeholders.
Can navigate competing business priorities, while maintaining a strong grasp of the product, the market and the global customer group.
Able to thrive in an ever evolving industry. Resilience will be key as priorities and focus shift. The ability to keep research practices on an even keel during these periods is crucial to success.
Success in this role looks like:
- 5+ years in the field of User Research.
- 8+ years working in the technology sector, with an understanding of Agile Methodologies and Scrum frameworks.
- Experience in defining processes and protocols related to mixed methods research.
- Experience with quantitative research methods and metrics with the ability to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- Experience of performing well in a large, rapidly expanding organization.
- Proficiency in basic descriptive statistics (break data sets down into measures of central tendency and measures of variability, or spread).
- Excellent communication skills, writing, speaking, presentation.
- People management skills are desirable but not essential for the role.
- Qualifications in HCI, business, or statistical analysis are desirable.
Strong outcomes include building an exemplary level of trust and capabilities around mixed-methods research across the organization. This will lead to meaningful products that derive customer value and overall business success.
Here at PayByPhone, our strength is in our people:
a talented team behind a fantastic product. We are a creative, ambitious and driven multi-disciplinary group. We value learning and fun as we innovate to help millions of consumers pay for parking easily and securely. Our teams are growing; but not without you.
Together, we're on a mission to simplify the world of mobility payments – one parking spot at a time. We're one of the fastest-growing mobile payment companies in the world and process over 100 million parking, transit, and bike-share transactions a year in cities across North America, Europe and Australia. Our teams help millions of consumers easily and securely pay for parking and transportation without the hassles of waiting in line, carrying change, or risking costly fines.
Now, with a recent acquisition by Volkswagen Financial Services, our growth has a global focus and we can't do it alone. We need the right people working with us to help reach our lofty goals and we want it to be you.