Why Houston Landscapes?
Since 2004 , Houston Landscapes has been passionately bringing our clients visions to life creating solutions to meet even the most elaborate landscapes design needs. Whether it’s lush landscapes or inspiring masonry work, our team of over 90 committed individuals from Vancouver, Sea To Sky and the Sunshine Coast is changing the landscaping business one inspiring job at a time. We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative person to join our creative and solutions focused team in a role that supports both our field teams and our central office support center. A strong background in warehouse or works yard coordination and a passion for quality is a must, and experience in landscaping and small engine repair is an asset.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the Shop and Yard Coordinator will be responsible for leading all aspects of their role including ensuring organization, cleanliness and functional working of the yard and warehouse spaces, coordinating shipping and receiving & controlling traffic in and out of the yard, loading and unloading trucks of all types, organization of various supplies and materials as well as managing garbage and recycling programs, general maintenance of the building facility and support of the Fleet Manager in coordination of contractors for major repairs. Administrative duties such as keeping detailed inventory of tools, machines, and other equipment, tracking major purchases and repairs as well as duties related to safety and the safe operation of tools and equipment in our warehouse and yard space, and other duties as required.
· Responsible for being a friendly and polite ambassador for the Houston Landscapes Brand
· Responsible for ensuring all tenants at 260 Riverside Drive respect the established rules and boundaries set out for use of yard and warehouse space
· Responsible for safety documentation related to tasks, tools and equipment in relation to the shop/yard space.
· Responsible to ensure safe loading/unloading of materials from vehicles of all types and minimizing material handling for efficient management of time
· Responsible for coordinating and performing routine maintenance and repairs on tools and equipment and supporting fleet manager to organize schedule and supplies for major repairs & maintenance
· From time-to-time drive company vehicles to deliver materials and equipment to support field teams
· Responsible for daily maintenance and other tasks associated with the forklift and other equipment used in daily tasks and duties
· Work directly with field teams to communicate about tools, equipment & materials and is responsible for controlling inventory and ensuring prompt disposal, sale or recycling of unusable material and prompt communication to field teams when there are usable materials so they don’t take up valuable space
· Responsible for keeping teams accountable when they return tools/materials to the yard & shop that they are returned to the correct place
· Prompt coding of all receipts associated with the position
· Responsible for daily disinfecting of high touch surfaces and following all COVID-19 protocol
· Participate in regular 1-on-1 Meeting with your department leader and attend other required meetings
· Create and maintain procedures relating to this position.
· Other administrative duties as required from time to time, including but not limited to, filing, scanning, and photocopying.
· Education in logistics / Warehouse management an asset
· Small engine / tool / vehicle repair & maintenance an asset
· Forklift certification is essential
· WHMIS certification is essential
· Min. 1 year Forklift operation or certification
· Min. 1 year logistics/warehouse/yard organization or similar
· Min. 1 year general building repair / maintenance or similar
· Valid Class 5 Driver’s license is essential
· knowledge of construction / Landscape tools & materials
· MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Professional approach to work with a strong safety focus
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
· Ability to effectively and build relationships with tenants, suppliers, management, and staff at all levels of the business.
· Capable of working with minimal supervision and work effectively to deadlines.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks in a changing environment.
· Strong decision making and problem resolution skills.
· Strong time management skills and the ability to work effectively to deadlines.
· Extraordinary people interaction, organizational and time management skills
· Ability to take ownership, extremely well organized with superb attention to detail.
· Great team player that is Professional, personable, and conscientious
· Must be comfortable working in a dog friendly environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
We have a detailed COVID-19 Safety plan for both Field and Office operations and have dedicated significant resources to ensuring education, training and appropriate PPE are available to all our team members.