Position: Director of Corporate Sales and Business Development
Love your job!
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity?
DAVIDsTEA is a Canadian based company with its headquarters located in Montreal. In ten years, we’ve opened over 230 stores coast to coast. The sky is the limit! We’re best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, and modern design and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas and related products. Our Company is making tea fashionable and fun, and we pride ourselves on offering the best possible service to our customers and a positive work environment for our employees.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced leader to help fuel the continued growth with our grocery channel, establish a significant presence with premium hotels, quick service restaurants and airlines across both Canada and the US. You’ve demonstrated the ability to grow businesses and are adept at working cross-functionally to contribute to the growth and success of our Company.
Reporting to the COO, you will play an integral role in the Wholesale Division by identifying expansion opportunities in both Canada & U.S. while bringing a wide range of past Wholesale experience to the Company. One of your passions lies in developing and fostering new and existing relationships with potential clients while being a strong DAVIDsTEA brand ambassador. You will be leading, mentoring and inspiring a team of passionate professionals while demonstrating strong company values.
Sounds like you? Keep reading…
· Identify, analyze and compare alternative opportunities for entering new markets, and negotiate strategic business partnerships that are in line with DAVIDsTEA’s long-term strategy;
· Seek out and research prospective new clients through established or new sales channels and recommend the development of alternate sales channels;
· Identify opportunities to partner with new vendors
· Lead all negotiations with future clients
· Take lead on contract negotiations and coordinate Executive, Legal and Operational resources to drive process to timely completion
· Determine customers’ needs by specifying and conducting the required research
· Provide recommendations on new product development relevant for the opportunities presented
· Establish a position as a trusted advisor to key members of the corporate organization and endeavor to continuously reach new contacts and deepen relationships
· Provide guidance to direct reports while offering techniques for growth and development in the Wholesale business
· Identify and relay business needs to relevant departments: Marketing, Merchandising, IT, Store Operations
So are YOU our next Director of Corporate Sales and Business Development?
· Minimum 5+ years of managerial experience;
· 5-7 years in a similar role within the Wholesale environment;
· Proven record of entrepreneurial and leadership abilities;
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, MBA would be an asset;
· Knowledge of the Canadian and US beverage market as an asset
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French;
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
· Strong organizational skills;
· Ability to work cross-functionally, with all levels of employees and management;
· Action-oriented, flexible & passionate;
· Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively
Sound good? Then join us in our mission of making the world smile— one cup at a time.
Job Type: Full-time